Week Two Gam Day Thread: Lions (0-1) at Packers (1-0)

MacReady

Sunday, September 20th at 12 PM Central Time.

The Packers are undefeated against their division so far in LaFleur's time here. 

I'm going to predict that Aaron Rodgers struggles a little bit more against the Lions than he did the Vikings. 

My predictions from last week:

Rashan Gary - 2 sacks.
Darnell Savage - 3 interceptions.
Jaire Alexander - 2 BAMF plays.
Aaron Rodgers - 5 throws to running backs.
AJ Dillon - 1 rush, 17 yards. (Close, he had 2 rushes for 14 yards)
Christian Kirksey - 17 tackles where he piledrives them five yards behind the line of scrimmage, then throws them 5 yards past the LOS and points to PackfanFB and winks at him. 

My predictions for this week:

Rashan Gary - 1 sack
Preston Smith - 1 sack
Z. Smith - 2 sacks
MVS - 115 yards receiving
Rodgers - 237 yards, 4 TDs
Running backs - 200 yards rushing

Packers are 9th on PFT's power rankings, and I'm really not sure why. 

They have the Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots as their top three.  I can understand that.  The rest I don't understand.

The Seahawks beat up on a non-playoff team.
The Saints ehhhh, maybe.
49ers just lost to the Cardinals.
Bills beat the Jets.
Titans had to scrape out a win against the Broncos.

My Current Power Ranking (Based on a team's likelihood to win the Super Bowl this year):

1. Ravens (Best defense, best offense, best QB cap hit)
2. Chiefs (Would be higher, but repeating is something only one team has done this century)
3. Patriots (Younger, cheaper QB, same elite defense)
4. Saints (The only thing they have to worry about is Brees choking in the postseason again)
5. Packers (Defense has to change its mentality.  That's it)
6. Titans (Tannehill and that defense keep it up and they've got a shot)
7. Bills (That defense is going to stay legit I think, and if Allen turns into 2019 Tannehill they've got a legit shot)
8. Steelers (would be higher if they had recent postseason experience)

No other teams matter because no other teams have a chance.  Your 2020 Super Bowl winner is one of the above.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

Lets see how the Lions react to seeing so much jet sweep from last week.

Could open up nicely in the middle for our RB's.

But you can't sleep on the Lions.  They always play us tough.

Jaire has to lace them up tight this game and contain Golloday.

Interior DL needs a fire under them, Peterson is old, but he's still strong as heck.

P Z Gary need to show up big and harass Stafford.  Need more pressure than we got last week.

And we play against everyone's favorite TE.  Kirksey needs to prove his worth there, along with Amos and Savage.

Always unsettling playing the Lions. They should have beaten us twice last year, once with a 3rd string QB. Dangerous team with a QB who could either throw 3 picks or straight light us up. Best trio of WRs in the North if Golladay is healthy, a solid TE and Peterson actually looked good last week as well. Their OL is the weak link there and hopefully we can exploit it. 

Detroit's defense is beat up -- no excuse not to put up 30+ points by Rodgers and Co. 

My Tuesday prediction (could change later in the week):     31-27 Packers

Edited by packfanfb

This is going to be a red@$$ beatdown. I don't care what Detroit did against us last year. Their secondary is banged up, Ansah is gone, their RT was a turnstile for Philly last year who has a rookie next to him, and their LB's are about the only solid unit they have.

44-10 Packers...

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is going to be a red@$$ beatdown. I don't care what Detroit did against us last year. Their secondary is banged up, Ansah is gone, their RT was a turnstile for Philly last year who has a rookie next to him, and their LB's are about the only solid unit they have.

44-10 Packers...

I could see us putting up 44 on their defense, but if our defense holds them to 10 points, I will consider us a SB caliber unit. I think Detroit gets much closer to 30. 

Edited by packfanfb