Week Two Gam Day Thread: Lions (0-1) at Packers (1-0)

MacReady

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Should I be encouraged by what Gary is doing, or is he still a bum?

Obviously he's a bum.

21 year old physical freaks drafted as a developmental project, to play a new position, never get better. Why would they.

16 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

What about the Cowpies?...They were down nine points with less than two minutes to go....The Falcons stand around during the onside kick, allowing Dallas to recover and kick a game winning FG....

The luck involved there is that they played a team that was incredibly stupid.  The Bears lucked out with last second holds in the redzone against horrible opponents.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The luck involved there is that they played a team that was incredibly stupid.  The Bears lucked out with last second holds in the redzone against horrible opponents.

The Lions have lost a record four in a row after having double digit leads...Should the results have been anything different?....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Okay so the Bears played a horrible team today that lost their number one running back....The Lions have also lost like four in a row after having double digit leads...Should the result have been anything different?....

The results are what the results are.  I think the Cowboys have a lot of talent, and I think that McCarthy is a good coach.  They almost pulled off a comeback last week too.  They are prone to slow starts.  I think the Cowboys' luck this week was just the Falcons doing Falcon things, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  I think the Bears suck.  I know the Lions and Giants suck, because they lost to the Bears.  IMO, the Bears got stops against rallying opponents inside the redzone with a 4 point lead to end both of their games.  I think their successes are not sustainable, whereas the Cowboys are a dangerous team that is having a tough time putting everything together with a mostly new coaching staff.  The Cowboys should be in position to win, or compete for their division title by the end of the season (for whatever that is worth).  The Bears in my estimation will be in third place, possibly 4th if the Lions can quit doing Lion things for a while. 

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and the Bears are great and the Cowboys were indeed lucky to be there.  

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The results are what the results are.  I think the Cowboys have a lot of talent, and I think that McCarthy is a good coach.  They almost pulled off a comeback last week too.  They are prone to slow starts.  I think the Cowboys' luck this week was just the Falcons doing Falcon things, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  I think the Bears suck.  I know the Lions and Giants suck, because they lost to the Bears.  IMO, the Bears got stops against rallying opponents inside the redzone with a 4 point lead to end both of their games.  I think their successes are not sustainable, whereas the Cowboys are a dangerous team that is having a tough time putting everything together with a mostly new coaching staff.  The Cowboys should be in position to win, or compete for their division title by the end of the season (for whatever that is worth).  The Bears in my estimation will be in third place, possibly 4th if the Lions can quit doing Lion things for a while. 

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and the Bears are great and the Cowboys were indeed lucky to be there.  

Beating a team you're supposed to doesn't define greatness.....Trubisky threw three fourth quarter TD's last week, and I believe had a good day again today.....As for the Cowboys, they have been labeled as being a very talented team for quite a number of years, and always seem to find a way to disappoint.....I don't believe the Cowboys will succeed until Jerry Jones stops coddling his team.....The Lions are on a roll of self destructing after getting double digit leads....The dropped pass in the endzone against Chicago is indefensible....The receiver has to make that catch....Today they played an offense, that had no way of matching points with....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm glad you have seen the light and realized the problem.

Notice how the players suddenly did better in the second half...

Because LaFleur told Pettine if he isn’t start coaching with his brain instead of his rectum he’d fire his ***.

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Beating a team you're supposed to doesn't define greatness.....Trubisky threw three fourth quarter TD's last week, and I believe had a good day again today.....As for the Cowboys, they have been labeled as being a very talented team for quite a number of years, and always seem to find a way to disappoint.....I don't believe the Cowboys will succeed until Jerry Jones stops coddling his team.....The Lions are on a roll of self destructing after getting double digit leads....The dropped pass in the endzone against Chicago is indefensible....The receiver has to make that catch....Today they played an offense, they had no way of matching points with....

I should further add, are our Packer's capable of sustaining their 42.5 PPG the rest of the season?....

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Because LaFleur told Pettine if he isn’t start coaching with his brain instead of his rectum he’d fire his ***.

Excuses, excuses... you F'N TROLL! ... you tagged me to insult me and when you turned out to be wrong you couldn't even be a man about it.... that's sad and pathetic.

ALSO STOP TAGGING ME FOR YOUR BULL****! I want no part of it... especially when you can't even admit you were clearly wrong.

I hope it doesn't come to this... but can we block people on here? If so, how? I'm tired of this blind partisan crap...

I come to read about the Packers... now how every ******* thing on earth is Pettine's fault...