What is your team’s ugliest win?

-Hope-

I thought this would be a fun thread inspired by last night’s Titans-Broncos game, which was up there for me. What’s the ugliest win you’ve ever seen from your team?

A close second for the Titans might be 2018 week 2 vs the Jaguars. This was very soon after Mariota had injured his ulnar nerve and he still had no feeling in his throwing hand, so we started....Blaine Gabbert. Who promptly proceeded to get concussed in the first quarter. We brought Mariota off the bench and it was obvious he could barely throw it past 5 yards, but we ended up winning 9-6 and sealing the deal on a Mariota read option keeper. The only reason this one isn’t first place is because it was ugly as hell but also kind of beautiful to win a game without a QB who could throw the ball lol.

Bears 23 Panthers 6

this is what immediately came to my mind. Todd Collins starting at qb and he threw 4 interceptions, went 6-16 for like 32 yards. Forte was our only saving grace on offense, but the defense played good and Hester had a couple good returns so there’s probably an uglier win I’m not thinking of right now but Todd collins’ Performance was the worst nfl performance I think I’ve ever seen  

Mad Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I think a lot of people throw out the game v. Vikings with Eli and Josh Freeman playing.  I'll always throw out the 1999 win v. the Buccaneers in week 1.  By the end of the game the Giants had 4 first downs and 100 yards of offense.  They won 17-13 off a Dilfer fumble returned for a TD, and what was at the time probably the worst INT thrown by Dilfer in his career being returned 8 yds for a TD.  He then probably threw the worst pick of his career later that game.  What's crazy to think about is the Giants were in the super bowl the next year and Dilfer won that super bowl...in Tampa to boot!

NFL Primetime highlights- 

Edited by Jotun_Fan

2002, Texans vs Steelers in Pittsburgh.

- David Carr goes 3/10, 33 yards.

- Texans RBs (Jonathan Wells and James Allen) combine for 31 yards on 23 carries.

- Tommy Maddox throws for 325 yards

- Amos Zereoue and Jerome Bettie rush for 99 yards on 25 carries.

Texans win 24-6 on two pick sixes and a fumble six.

• Like 2

The Steelers had a game against Miami in 2006 or 2007 where they won 3-0 but I don't recall the specifics so I'm not sure how ugly it was

Edit:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200711260pit.htm

3-0 against the winless Dolphins and that one field goal was at the end of regulation just about. I vaguely recall Joey Porter wanting to fight someone but thats about par for the course with him 😄

Edited by Fray32
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

The Steelers had a game against Miami in 2006 or 2007 where they won 3-0 but I don't recall the specifics so I'm not sure how ugly it was

i actually remember that one! it was raining so hard that the entire field turned into muddy slop. there was a punt that hit the ground and just stuck there lol it was amazing 

found video: https://youtu.be/x7DTNEa2E7w

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 2