What is your team’s ugliest win?

-Hope-

5 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Texans vs Raiders on December 3rd 2006.

The Texans won 23 to 14 despite the fact that the team finished with -5 passing yards.

I was confused by that statline until it was explained that sacks for a loss subtract from a quarterback's passing total.

Carr actually threw for 32 yards but was sacked for -37 yards.

I don't really follow the logic.  I think if a QB is sacked before he can complete a pass it should count as a negative rushing attempt if anything.  

Now if he completes a pass behind the line of scrimmage and the receiver is tackled for a loss, then I understand it being subtracted from his passing yardage.

5 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Texans vs Raiders on December 3rd 2006.

The Texans won 23 to 14 despite the fact that the team finished with -5 passing yards.

Wali Lundy scored in this game! 

My goodness, been a while since I heart that name... Wali Lundy, man.

Dallas vs. Buffalo MNF 2007

In a game in Buffalo on MNF, we managed to sneak out a win on a Nick Folk 53 yard FG (which he nailed twice since Buffalo called timeout on the first one).  That is despite Tony Romo throwing 5 INTs (including 2 pick 6s) and losing a fumble for a total of 6 turnovers, allowing a KO TD, and only rushing for 76 yards on 22 attempts.  

Breathed a sigh of relief after that one.

Dallas @ Washington, week 9 2006.

Sequence of events:

Redskins get in field goal range.

Nick Novak misses the 49 yarder. Tied 19-19

Dallas takes over, solid little drive. Gets in field goal range.

Mike Vanderjagt kick is blocked. Returned by Sean Taylor for some yardage.

Oh by the way, there’s a face mask call against Dallas.

Nick Novak hits a 47 yarder to win 22-19.

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

2006 when we beat the Steelers 20-13 although the Steelers outgained us in yards 360-98. 

This was the first game I thought of. Big Ben chucking ints for fun that day, including two pick sixes.

I’ve watched a ton of bad teams, but that team was absolutely brutal. Somehow won that game, then beat the Cardinals the following week. The only two games we won all year.

PHI/NYG from 2003 immediately came to mind. Philly’s offense was trash all day before getting bailed out by Brian Westbrook on a punt return in the final two minutes. I remember my dad turning on local sports radio after the game and if you had only listened to the post game sports talk, you would’ve thought we lost.

• Like 2

Vikings at Packers from 2017 stands out. The only people less excited than the viewers were the guys who had to play in it. Brett Hundley at QB for the disintegrating Packers versus a good Vikings team that had already run away with the division was not a big draw, and the game itself was a bore as both teams froze their butts off in the subzero weather. Only good thing about it was that we shut them out 16-0.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

2002, Texans vs Steelers in Pittsburgh.

- David Carr goes 3/10, 33 yards.

- Texans RBs (Jonathan Wells and James Allen) combine for 31 yards on 23 carries.

- Tommy Maddox throws for 325 yards

- Amos Zereoue and Jerome Bettie rush for 99 yards on 25 carries.

Texans win 24-6 on two pick sixes and a fumble six.

I was going to come in here and answer for the Texans because there's no answer other than this...