What is your team’s ugliest win?

-Hope-

18 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Apparently it was the 2019 season for the Packers.

In my opinion though, it was the 9-0 win vs the Jets in... 2010? I think. Terrible game.

That's a good one.

The Spergon Wynn game vs. the Vikings in the playoffs come to mind for me. Favre threw for just 169 yards. Ahman Green ran for just 31 yards. However, Wynn (11-30, 114 yds, 1 TD, 3 ints) was so bad that it didn't matter. The Vikings actually had a 13-10 lead in the 4th quarter in this game. Packers won 24-13. The last TD was a Mike McKenzie pick six.

Going way back, another bad one was a 2-9 Packers team beating a 1-10 Colts team 14-10 in 1991. Mike Tomczak went 5-17 for 50 yards and 1 int.

In recent memory I'd have to say the 2014 Bucs game where they were beating us and pulled all their starters to keep the number 1 pick.  We barely won that game against a blatantly tanking team.

I mean, the Bucs used to tank a lot at the end of every season, but they always got blown out those games.  That game they almost accidentally won due to how terrible we were.

Hard to remember just random regular season games like that, but I do remember that the niners had a game against Cincy in 2011 that was just butt ugly, and then again in 2012 on a thursday night game against Seattle. They were not the kind of games you wanted to remember. 

There was a game against the Rams in week 2 of 2007. The game was in St. Louis and the 49ers won 17-16. Alex Smith looked unremarkable, and the only highlight was a 43 TD run by Frank Gore. Joe Nedney kicked the winning FG with about 3 minutes to spare. I remember a lot of 49ers fans online at the time being happy the team was 2-0, despite the fact that the quality of play in those first two games was terrible. I think some people even thought the team had a shot at the playoffs. Reality quickly set in over the course of the next few games. 

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

In recent memory I'd have to say the 2014 Bucs game where they were beating us and pulled all their starters to keep the number 1 pick.  We barely won that game against a blatantly tanking team.

I mean, the Bucs used to tank a lot at the end of every season, but they always got blown out those games.  That game they almost accidentally won due to how terrible we were.

Going back a bit to very early Brees-Payton:

The Saints played a game in 2006 where they had 595 yards of offense and 29 first downs.

They only scored 16 points and lost at home by 15 to the 8-8 Bengals.

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Oh god the 2014 defense

On 9/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Jotun_Fan said:

I think a lot of people throw out the game v. Vikings with Eli and Josh Freeman playing.  I'll always throw out the 1999 win v. the Buccaneers in week 1.  By the end of the game the Giants had 4 first downs and 100 yards of offense.  They won 17-13 off a Dilfer fumble returned for a TD, and what was at the time probably the worst INT thrown by Dilfer in his career being returned 8 yds for a TD.  He then probably threw the worst pick of his career later that game.  What's crazy to think about is the Giants were in the super bowl the next year and Dilfer won that super bowl...in Tampa to boot!

NFL Primetime highlights- 

Check Dilfer's jersey number...  😉

On 9/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, y*so*blu said:

Vikings at Packers from 2017 stands out. The only people less excited than the viewers were the guys who had to play in it. Brett Hundley at QB for the disintegrating Packers versus a good Vikings team that had already run away with the division was not a big draw, and the game itself was a bore as both teams froze their butts off in the subzero weather. Only good thing about it was that we shut them out 16-0.

The Vikings have a LOT of ugly losses but for some reason, I couldn't think of any ugly wins.  That game probably qualifies though.  Good call on that one, y*so*blu. 

• Like 1

Da Bears miracle in the desert game.  Grossman was 14-37 144 yards 4 INTs, 2 fumbles against a 1-4 cardinals team.  We were down 20-0 at the half.  In the final 15 minutes, we scored 2 defensive TDs and a Hester punt return TD.  Rackers missed a FG as time expired to give us the win and the best tirade ever 'They are who we thought they were!'

• Like 1