What movie are you watching?

Forge

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I will never understand how everyone could still be so skeptical of the team in Ghostbusters II after the climax of Ghostbusters. It makes absolutely no sense.

I still don’t understand why Ghostbusters 2 is so frowned upon. I legit don’t understand it and I have always felt it was a good sequel.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I will never understand how everyone could still be so skeptical of the team in Ghostbusters II after the climax of Ghostbusters. It makes absolutely no sense.

I just read a great list on an article that had 25 sequels that totally ignored the entire plotline/aspects of crucial plotlines in the original, and that was one of them. 

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I still don’t understand why Ghostbusters 2 is so frowned upon. I legit don’t understand it and I have always felt it was a good sequel.

Good sequel, but getting past a massive plot hole in that they essentially saved the World in the original and then were discarded and written off by society in 2 is a tough one to get past. Once you do, great sequel and movie, but it's a hard one to get past.

49 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Good sequel, but getting past a massive plot hole in that they essentially saved the World in the original and then were discarded and written off by society in 2 is a tough one to get past. Once you do, great sequel and movie, but it's a hard one to get past.

Lol. All New York saw was four guys blow up a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and there was an EPA agent who had a massive hardon for the Ghostbusters.

Imagine today 4 men saved the world and one person said what they had done was harmed the environment and created the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the first place.

A movie is two hours long. Characters lives and the events surrounding their lives aren't limited to the two hours displayed on screen, and if you can't come up with reasons why society might turn on four people...

I mean... Look at our current society. Can you really not think of any way society might turn on four people?

50 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. All New York saw was four guys blow up a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and there was an EPA agent who had a massive hardon for the Ghostbusters.

Imagine today 4 men saved the world and one person said what they had done was harmed the environment and created the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the first place.

A movie is two hours long. Characters lives and the events surrounding their lives aren't limited to the two hours displayed on screen, and if you can't come up with reasons why society might turn on four people...

I mean... Look at our current society. Can you really not think of any way society might turn on four people?

I don’t remember the sequel all that well, but what you’re saying makes total sense. I’ll probably watch it again soon after reading all these posts.

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I do understand, especially under a modern microscope, why a big group of people would not like what the Ghostbusters did.

I just don't get the skeptics and people calling them frauds. Like...you guys saw what happened, right?

I do not believe in ghosts or spirits or anything, but if I saw all the **** that happened at the end of Ghostbusters, the last thing I'd do is call them frauds.

Edited by seminoles1

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I do understand, especially under a modern microscope, why a big group of people would not like what the Ghostbusters did.

I just don't get the skeptics and people calling them frauds. Like...you guys saw what happened, right?

I do not believe in ghosts or spirits or anything, but if I saw all the **** that happened at the end of Ghostbusters, the last thing I'd do is call them frauds.

Evidence doesn’t matter in the world.

You are a person, you’re not people. A person can be convinced by evidence. People cannot.

Edited by Outpost31

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:
2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Expand  

This is more or less where I am. I could SEE a select group of people doing that, but I think that would be a relative vocal minority, whereas you'd also have a ton of viral videos to show what they did in the first movie.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This is more or less where I am. I could SEE a select group of people doing that, but I think that would be a relative vocal minority, whereas you'd also have a ton of viral videos to show what they did in the first movie.

There's a not insignificant number of people in the world today that actually believe the world is flat.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

There's a not insignificant number of people in the world today that actually believe the world is flat.

What percentage of people is that though? In Brazil, it's 7%. Throw in if those 7% got visual confirmation that it wasn't, some might backtrack, similar to those who would have seen the Ghostbusters save the world/NYC at least.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

I watched “the sixth man” for the first one in a long time. Who knew Marlon Wayne’s could have you teary eyed. For a basketball comedy it does have some very emotional moments.

I freaking love that movie.

The most unbelievable part of that movie is 5'11" super chucker Kadeem Hardison being talked about as a lottery pick.

• Like 1

FA09cUO.jpg
Having a movie theater where tickets are $4, drinks are $3 and a medium popcorn is $2.75 keeps the dream of going to theaters alive for me and my kids. It’s only annoying getting there since it’s about an hour away from where I live now. 
I went and saw Dragon ball Super: Super Hero earlier. I wasn’t terribly excited because most of my interests from my childhood like DBZ and pokemon are pretty much dead to me now (can’t get interested). I legit thought the movie was great. It had a little intro where it quickly recapped dragon ball and DBZ for the newer crowd. It felt true to my memories of everything and had Goku and Vegeta in but didn’t feature them in the action. It focused on Piccolo and Gohan who have both been essentially useless since the cell saga and made them feel cool again. There wasn’t any annoying filler and they didn’t have an unstoppable/regenerating baddie. I was actually excited with the action sequences and the bad guys were uniquely bad for a different reason than usual. When gohan found his new transformation and defeated cell the whole theater applauded which I’ve never experienced before lol. 8.5/10

• Like 1