What movie are you watching?

Forge

@Malfatron, I am watching Barbarian now.

Unless the final 59 minutes prove that the first part just blew smoke up my ***, I think I’m going to love it.

I love love love how it’s not wasting my time with bull**** jump scares.

So far it’s like two slow burns.

Hoping it doesn’t let me down.

Well this is the biggest WTF horrr movie I’ve seen in a long time.

I implore anybody curious about this movie to NOT read anything about it.

Go in blind.

I might love this movie, I might end up hating it, but I’m currently loving watching it.

It’s a breath of fresh air in a genre so intent on hitting the strokes of every other horror as far as pacing and jump scares and being everything you’ve seen 10,000 times.

This isn’t like that. I might end up hating it, but I will still love it solely based on the first viewing experience.

Yep. 8/10.

Disney better not **** me in the *** by refusing to release a physical copy.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Malfatron, I am watching Barbarian now.

Unless the final 59 minutes prove that the first part just blew smoke up my ***, I think I’m going to love it.

I love love love how it’s not wasting my time with bull**** jump scares.

So far it’s like two slow burns.

Hoping it doesn’t let me down.

Well this is the biggest WTF horrr movie I’ve seen in a long time.

I implore anybody curious about this movie to NOT read anything about it.

Go in blind.

I might love this movie, I might end up hating it, but I’m currently loving watching it.

It’s a breath of fresh air in a genre so intent on hitting the strokes of every other horror as far as pacing and jump scares and being everything you’ve seen 10,000 times.

This isn’t like that. I might end up hating it, but I will still love it solely based on the first viewing experience.

Yep. 8/10.

Disney better not **** me in the *** by refusing to release a physical copy.

Im happy that you like it.

I would also give an 8/10

I definitely wont watch it again, but glad i did

But it really takes a special movie for me to do multiple viewings

Edited by Malfatron

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

If we’re doing our “flawless movies”:

Hmmm, definitely a distinction between "flawless" movies from favorites.  Quite a few of my favorites I wouldn't call flawless, even though they are in my personal top 10.  For me flawless would have to be a mixture of favorite as well as something I think was objectively greatly made.  I'd have to think about that a good bit.  I wonder if I still have my old movie ranking database somewhere accessible.  I had a Top 1000 favorite movies thread back in the day on the old forum, that I expanded to include around I think 1800 movies or so

• Like 3

Agree about distinction between flawless vs favorites.

Favorite is when i would want to rewatch it many times.

Flawless movies are where its perfect for what its trying to do and you wouldnt want to change even one scene.

10 Flawless movies to me:

Tremors

One Cut of the Dead

Inglorious Basterds

Cabin in the Woods

13 Assassins (2010)

Memento

Primer

The Prestige

Return of the Living Dead

Yojimbo

• Like 1

Flawless movie: Adventureland 

I loved it as a kid and didn’t watch it for a long while but god it’s still so great. Top 3 movie for me. Jesse Eisenberg was one of my favorite actors at the time and Kristen Stewart was a crush. She might still be. I’m nostalgic for these types of movies that are no longer made anymore and nostalgic for the time the movie was made, before I was born. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Ty21 said:

I’ve always loved Justin Long. There are a few actors I’ll watch movies just cause they’re in it. Been listening to his podcast lately and it made me want to watch an old ~2010’s comedy. Going the Distance had a wealth of good comedic actors (Long, Sudeikis, Day, Barrymore, Applegate, Gaffigan) but the movie had no direction lol. There were a couple cheap laughs but overall it was a movie made just because it could be made lol. 

Going the Distance was hilarious.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, Ty21 said:

I’ve always loved Justin Long. There are a few actors I’ll watch movies just cause they’re in it. Been listening to his podcast lately and it made me want to watch an old ~2010’s comedy. Going the Distance had a wealth of good comedic actors (Long, Sudeikis, Day, Barrymore, Applegate, Gaffigan) but the movie had no direction lol. There were a couple cheap laughs but overall it was a movie made just because it could be made lol. 

Have you seen Tusk? One of my favorite Justin Long movies.. and Michael Parks should have at least been Oscar nominated for his performance 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

Have you seen Tusk? One of my favorite Justin Long movies.. and Michael Parks should have at least been Oscar nominated for his performance 

My appreciation for the movie increased tenfold after hearing Kevin Smith hysterically pitch the idea for the movie, plot it all out and decide to make it all in one podcast episode. 

• Like 1

To add to the flawless films. Some bias towards this for helping me get through a break up, but “500 Days of Summer” is a perfect film. The amount of times ive been drunk and watched the “qutting scene” and the ending “park conversation” over an over again. I

I’m watching it as I type this post

Edited by Fresh Prince