What movie are you watching?

Forge

Moonlight

-Probably the weakest best picture winning Ive seen since Crash. Descent movie, but nothing special, and I have no clue how Mahershala Ali won an Academy Award for 10 minutes of screen time where he did nothing special.

Captain Fantastic

-Another descent but not great film. Really liked Viggo's performance, but the movie kind of dragged on and the fish out of water trope got old after awhile.

Trumbo

-Recently finished the book I am Spartacus by Kirk Douglas, so I decided to watch this. Once again, a boring movie. There was absolutely no reason for Cranston to get an Academy nod for this performance. It seemed like it was more of trying to honor Trumbo for what he went through.

A Single Man

-I know it was Tom Ford's debut, but it was sloppy. He went way too far in the Malick/Lynch directing mode. Firth was great though. The movie was worth watching just for his performance.

Wonder Boys

-Such an awful movie. Just meandered along for two hours. Performances were forgetful. The writing was bad. Probably the worst Hanson movie Ive ever seen.

21 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Wonder Boys

-Such an awful movie. Just meandered along for two hours. Performances were forgetful. The writing was bad. Probably the worst Hanson movie Ive ever seen.

You're crazy.  Michael Douglas, RDJ and Frances McDormand are all amazing in it.  A perfect adaptation of an exceptional novel.

• Like 1

Just saw Logan Lucky. Has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only thing that kept me in the theater was the Rottentomatoes score. I figured something entertaining had to eventually happen. It was like listening to someone tell a really long joke with a weak punchline.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, Art_Vandalay said:

Just saw Logan Lucky. Has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only thing that kept me in the theater was the Rottentomatoes score. I figured something entertaining had to eventually happen. It was like listening to someone tell a really long joke with a weak punchline.

I liked it. It was typical Stephen Soderberg banter among a good cast.

Soderberg has a model for his heist movies, and he followed it.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Definitely let me know what you think once you're done.  Enjoy it because I'd pay 10,000 dollars to be able to watch it for the first time again. 

Great movie, didn't get bored once watching it. Good storyline that doesn't seem to have any plot holes. Music was nicely placed to. Child's was definitely the thing at the end.

A-

Edited by O'Doyle Rules