What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just watched Venom and Upgrade.

Upgrade was actually really good with great action.  Hope there is a direct sequel.

Venom was mediocre.  Tom Hardy's worst performance as an actor (that I've seen), Venom was too much of a good guy and the movie really suffered from not being rated R as it should have been.  It wasnt terrible, but I was extremely underwhelmed.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:49 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Just watched Venom and Upgrade.

Upgrade was actually really good with great action.  Hope there is a direct sequel.

Venom was mediocre.  Tom Hardy's worst performance as an actor (that I've seen), Venom was too much of a good guy and the movie really suffered from not being rated R as it should have been.  It wasnt terrible, but I was extremely underwhelmed.

Agreed on both

I saw Aladdin and The White Crow this weekend. 

Aladdin was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Will Smith was actually pretty enjoyable as a genie which made me happy because I'm a huge Will Smith fan. Aladdin and Jasmine were both really good and I think had good chemistry. The musical numbers kind of paled in comparison to the originals and Jafar was lame though which kind of dragged things down a good amount. Jafar was just not menacing at all, they should've gotten someone a little bit older with a little more gravitas to play him. It was a fun enough movie and I think kids will enjoy it. 6/10.

The White Crow was a really interesting story that I had not heard of before. Oleg Ivenko was pretty good in his first role and there were plenty of good performances to go around. My main issue with this movie was that it was way, way too long. It really dragged and got boring at times. This was Ralph Fiennes directorial debut and I think maybe somebody more experienced would've been able to effectively trim the fat. In the end though it didn't take away much from this movie as it was well written and well acted. 8/10.

Watched Robin Hood Men in Tights last night. That movie is still funny, but the longer it goes, there are going to be more jokes that fall flat. I think it does a bit too much of leaning into that "of the moment" kind of joke, versus something like Spaceballs which does a better job of just spoofing what it's supposed to spoof, not focusing on other outside material for the jokes.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Watched Robin Hood Men in Tights last night. That movie is still funny, but the longer it goes, there are going to be more jokes that fall flat. I think it does a bit too much of leaning into that "of the moment" kind of joke, versus something like Spaceballs which does a better job of just spoofing what it's supposed to spoof, not focusing on other outside material for the jokes.

To me. Robin Hood men in tights is cringy and unwatchable.

It reminds me of those Epic Movie movies.

To see Mel Brooks go from Blazing Saddles (which DOES have some kitchen sink comedy that falls flat, but is redeemed in full by the 2 leads) to this is sad.

I saw Brightburn last night. I really liked the premise so I was excited to see this despite mixed reviews. It started off pretty good building everything up but then faltered near the end. It fell into the unfortunate horror movie trope of things only happening because people make dumb decisions. Also the ending was pretty anti-climactic in my opinion although I think some will disagree. The best part of this movie by far was Matt Jones and he was barely in it. He stole the scenes he was in though. 4/10 for this one.