What movie are you watching?

Forge

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Nex_Gen said:

Does anybody else feel like Nolan's films are all great one time experiences only, with zero re-watchability?

No.  Some of his early work, but the majority I have seen multiple times with no drop off and in some cases liked them more on the repeat viewings

Following - Only Nolan movie I haven't seen

Memento - This one is one where I agree.  Was really cool the first time I saw it, but didn't like it nearly as much the second time.  Honestly not sure if I've seen it a third time

Insomnia - I didn't care for this one too much the first time I saw it.  Not sure if I've ever seen it a second time.

Batman Begins - Eminently rewatchable and my favorite of the Nolan trilogy.

The Dark Knight - Also extremely rewatchable for many reasons.

Inception - I've probably seen this 7-8 times and I enjoy it just as much each time.  Brilliant direction and cinematography

The Dark Knight Rises - Not as rewatchable as the first two, but I actually liked this better the second time I watched it and it's held up.  The weakest of the trilogy, but still a good movie.

Interstellar - I've only seen it twice so far, but I loved it both times.  Need to watch this again soon, just trouble finding the time.

Dunkirk - Enjoyed it more the second time I saw it, and then even more the third time I watched it.  A war movie built purely on nerves, adrenaline and the fight to survive in lieu of character development.  

I was brushing my teeth when I saw the best boobie movie thread and I laughed so hard toothpaste started spraying out my mouth and rolling down my chin and it’s activated charcoal toothpaste so it probably looked like I was dying.  

In honor of that thread I might have to watch Starship Troopers tomorrow night.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I was brushing my teeth when I saw the best boobie movie thread and I laughed so hard toothpaste started spraying out my mouth and rolling down my chin and it’s activated charcoal toothpaste so it probably looked like I was dying.  

So much potential that thread had. Another one gone to quick.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Nex_Gen said:

Does anybody else feel like Nolan's films are all great one time experiences only, with zero re-watchability?

i'm with you, except i was bored out of my mind both the first and second time i watched interstellar.

really like the prestige and batman begins but outside of those 2 i find chris nolan to be incredibly overrated and his massive online following/defenders doesn't help 

50 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I find it funny how many people want the boobie movie thread back under the guise of it being funny when the reality is that most of them probably just want good boobie movies to watch.

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

.....yeah.