What movie are you watching?

Forge

52 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Back to back awful movies.

They certainly have their issues but I wouldn’t call them awful. I remember ppl complaining about the xenomorphs (or lack thereof) in these movies when they came out.   I actually enjoyed the backstory to where they came from and really liked how David was experimenting with his own concoctions of them.  

The biggest problem with these movies is the humans and their perplexing choices and actions. But I guess that’s how bad things happen to them. LoL

Edited by thrILL!

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

They certainly have their issues but I wouldn’t call them awful. I remember ppl complaining about the xenomorphs (or lack thereof) in these movies when they came out.   I actually enjoyed the backstory to where they came from and really liked how David was experimenting with his own concoctions of them.  

The biggest problem with these movies is the humans and their perplexing choices and actions. But I guess that’s how bad things happen to them. LoL

I didn’t mind covenant till they got to David and I hated the rest of the movie.

I finally got around to watching the much-lauded Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven that everyone says was so much better... and it was. Why Fox thought it was a good idea to remove so many important plot points from the TC, I have no clue... oh wait, nevermind, I think I know: it's because that idiot Tom Rothman was the head of Fox at the time. And now he's running Sony into the ground, go figure. 

Seriously, that guy's track record is dreadful.

Got around to watching The King on Netflix.  A bit up and down, but overall I think it was pretty solid.

Timothee Chalamet brings a magnetic performance as Henry V, and really the acting all around is fantastic, especially from Joel Edgerton and Robert Pattinson.

The story does drag a bit at a few points and knowing some of the actual history of his reign probably didn't help as important reasons why things go down the path they do were omitted or glossed over to focus on it more as a character study between Henry and Falstaff.

Agincourt was both supremely well done, but then at key points just falls flat.  It was on the precipice of being a great scene, but it couldn't pull it together at the end.

The score was overdone and a bit derivative of itself.  Wasn't much of a fan of what they were going for and there really wasn't a single theme that was memorable.  A better score would have gone a long way in my opinion.

The settings, costumes, and props were all top notch.  A+ for the crew setting this up, I could 100% believe that is how life and things were in the early 15th century.

All in all it was pretty good.  I might even watch it again soon now that I know what to expect.  I'd recommend it for anyone who is interested in historical films.