What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

lol.  Scrotum armor.  You’ve ruined The Witcher for me and I haven’t even started it yet.  At least that armor.  I’m going to give it a shot regardless since Witcher 3 is my favorite game ever (I know it’s not based on the games).

So am I, I do try to watch everything I am remotely interested in and right now the only thing that interests me about this is Henry Cavill who actually sticks up for us fans. When asked about "toxic" fandom this was Cavill's response.

when it comes to fans, it is a fan’s right to have whatever opinion they want to have, and people are going to be upset, especially when you’re talking about books or games, because you’re never going to be the exact person who they had in their head, or who they played on The Witcher 3, for example. I don’t necessarily consider that toxic, I just consider that passionate. And it’s something which I have obviously had to come to terms with over the years.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Normally I would take it with a pinch of salt, but those early designs are so radically different from the games and so comparable with their looks that I just can't assume they were just made to look "cheap". There are an infinite number of ways to make something look cheap, hell just by not giving them any armor at all would make them look cheap. 

I'm confused why any show would want their costumes to look cheap

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm confused why any show would want their costumes to look cheap

Well from what I read, because the army was so very large that kinda makes sense that they cant provide all their soldiers with the best armor.

It's plausible/believable and if it was done under different circumstances I would have bought it as genuine. But that armor on top of their numerous twitter posts and contradictions they have already made? Nah, at this point I am willing to believe a far fetched rumor.

Black Christmas is the most cringe worthy movie I've ever seen. I've never seen a movie try to vilify a group of people so hard.

The below synopsis that comes up on the google homepage when you search Black Christmas is alone cringy enough to cross this one off:

Hawthorne College is quieting down for the holidays. One by one, sorority girls on campus are being killed by a stalker. But the killer is about to discover that this generation's women aren't willing to become hapless victims as they fight back.

LOL. Ya, this generations the tough one. Not the generation that fought for civil rights, suffrage, to end the Vietnam War, etc. Its the generation fighting against commercials about stationary bikes that truly is making the big moves. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The below synopsis that comes up on the google homepage when you search Black Christmas is alone cringy enough to cross this one off:

Hawthorne College is quieting down for the holidays. One by one, sorority girls on campus are being killed by a stalker. But the killer is about to discover that this generation's women aren't willing to become hapless victims as they fight back.

LOL. Ya, this generations the tough one. Not the generation that fought for civil rights, suffrage, to end the Vietnam War, etc. Its the generation fighting against commercials about stationary bikes that truly is making the big moves. 

That's the tip of the iceberg. It's unlike anything I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Yea the #metoo is fanatiscm at it's most pretty and it inspires this crap. I'm sure none of these actresses, producers and such have even heard of suffragette.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea the #metoo is fanatiscm at it's most pretty and it inspires this crap. I'm sure none of these actresses, producers and such have even heard of suffragette.

Apparently the movie took strong inspiration from a certain trial from last year. That should tell you all you need to know.

Also, I watched The Great Wall last night.  Good popcorn movie with the cheesiest dialogue and plot ever.  It was like somebody on cocaine watched 72 hours of anime straight and thought Matt Damon needed to be in an anime movie and wrote the whole movie in 13 minutes.