What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Knives Out was only alright, but I feel like a good introduction to what could be a good series of movies.  I feel like it will get better as a series, unlike most movies that become a series.  I probably would have liked it a lot more if I enjoyed murder mystery type movies, but that’s just not my genre at all.

Had to take a break from apocalypse movies only because I watched this with someone else and she didn’t want to be reminded that the world is ending because that’s not fun apparently.

Should really be a lower budget weekly tv series

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Should really be a lower budget weekly tv series

Eh, I disagree.  If it was television it loses all of its appeal. No Christopher Plummer, no Toni Colette (who is, I’ve decided, the female Gary Oldman), no Chis Evans, no CSI KFC...

It was the acting that made it feel fresh.  If this had subpar acting in it I wouldn’t remember a single thing about it.  I’d forget every plot point, every line, everything.  It would be any number of procedural dramas I’ve ever seen.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Eh, I disagree.  If it was television it loses all of its appeal. No Christopher Plummer, no Toni Colette (who is, I’ve decided, the female Gary Oldman), no Chis Evans, no CSI KFC...

It was the acting that made it feel fresh.  If this had subpar acting in it I wouldn’t remember a single thing about it.  I’d forget every plot point, every line, everything.  It would be any number of procedural dramas I’ve ever seen.  

hmmm maybe you have a point

I just saw a movie on Netflix that I cannot recommend highly enough.  It is called "Greater" (2016) and is the story of Brandon Burlsworth, a walk-on player for the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I don't want to give too much away, but what I will say is WATCH THIS ONE!  It's excellent!!

MV5BODc2NjQ4MDIwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ5

Edited by Uncle Buck

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just saw a movie on Netflix that I cannot recommend highly enough.  It is called "Greater" (2016) and is the story of Brandon Burlsworth, a walk-on player for the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I don't want to give too much away, but what I will say is WATCH THIS ONE!  It's excellent!!

Is this one of those football movies made by a church 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Is this one of those football movies made by a church 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Saw them talking about him on ESPN a few months ago. Will have to check it out

Still hate I Am Legend.  And this time, only the second time, I noped TF out before anything could have suggested the dog might die.  Fast forwarded TF out of any scene that might possibly have hinted at a dog possibly dying.

A little confused about what happened with it.  Dog was there, 5 minutes seem missing.  Dog must have run out of NYC somehow.  Crazy.  Awesome dog.

Still hates it.

Edited by Outpost31