What movie are you watching?

Forge

26 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm watching it now, like an hour in.  And it's just been an hour of noise and cursing.  It's very uncomfortable.

About the only way i'm going to be happy with this movie is that the "protagonist" of the movie gets his just desserts.  He's one of the more unlikeable protagonists i've ever watched.

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

About the only way i'm going to be happy with this movie is that the "protagonist" of the movie gets his just desserts.  He's one of the more unlikeable protagonists i've ever watched.

I haven't seen Uncut Gems yet, but will say that just because you are the main character, doesn't necessarily mean you are the protagonist.  It's rare where that isn't the case, but not unheard of.

• Like 1

I'm watching it now, like an hour in.  And it's just been an hour of noise and cursing.  It's very uncomfortable.

Its one of the only movies in recent memory that really made me so uncomfortable that I almost couldnt watch it. That was the intention so it certainly hit the marks it was going for. I really liked it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Its one of the only movies in recent memory that really made me so uncomfortable that I almost couldnt watch it. That was the intention so it certainly hit the marks it was going for. I really liked it. 

Yes indeed.

And without spoiling it, i very much liked the ending.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I haven't seen Uncut Gems yet, but will say that just because you are the main character, doesn't necessarily mean you are the protagonist.  It's rare where that isn't the case, but not unheard of.

After watching the whole movie, i'm convinced there wasn't a protagonist lol.

Just got my Director's Cut Blu-Ray of Fearless in the mail earlier today and just started watching it, so glad I picked this up. 10 minutes in and I'm already hooked, this movie has some of the best fighting and choreography I've ever seen. It's been over a decade since I've last seen this (I rented it from Blockbuster back when those were still around, that's how long it was), but it's holding up very well.

Ready or Not was an amazing movie. It was like a combination of The Most Dangerous Game, Clue, The Burbs, and Get Out. It was perfect for a stand-alone movie but I kinda wish it had gone differently so there could be a sequel. 

Edited by Tyty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Starless said:

Uncut Gems

I hated this film. I don't know what that says about me as a person but I didn't enjoy a minute of it.

I watched until he pawned KG's ring. I stopped there because I knew I would hate the movie. I'm sure it was a great film but it just wasn't for me.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, THE DUKE said:

every single character in this film is loathsome

that includes Kevin Garnett

• Like 2