What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 1/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, devils1854 said:

I watched around half of that movie a couple weeks ago then turned it off. Man it seemed very offensive to Asians. They way they portrayed almost every single person was awful. Movie was boring as well.

Without going too into detail, I don't see how this movie would be more offensive to Asian culture than any other movie displaying and/or exaggerating certain aspects of other cultures.

As far as character portrayal, it basically had all the typical romcom character archetypes of any other Hollywood film not featuring Asian characters aka every other Hollywood film.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, thrILL! said:

screen-shot-2018-08-30-at-10-47-48-am-15

Much heavier and slower than Apollo 13 but very good. The score is incredible. No wonder it won a Golden Globe last wkd.  

That's kind of been why I have hesitated to watch it. Even the  trailer made it seem slow and boring. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why would you say that? Signs was excellent.

Cause it’s taboo/lame to dote on M Night when you’re an amateur film critic. Tbh, I love a ton of his stuff tho

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Cause it’s taboo/lame to dote on M Night when you’re an amateur film critic. Tbh, I love a ton of his stuff tho

Don't get me wrong, he's had some clunkers, but Signs definitely wasn't one of them (though I've liked most of them to be honest...even Lady in the water held a certain quirky appeal for me). The tension in Signs is totally legit and masterful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's kind of been why I have hesitated to watch it. Even the  trailer made it seem slow and boring. 

I don't mind if movies are a slow burn as long as they're good.  I've always been a sucker for the space program so the kid in me ate this up.  You also find out a lot more intimate details about the Gemini and Apollo programs than I ever knew including that Buzz Aldrin was a complete dbag.  LoL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I don't mind if movies are a slow burn as long as they're good.  I've always been a sucker for the space program so the kid in me ate this up.  You also find out a lot more intimate details about the Gemini and Apollo programs than I ever knew including that Buzz Aldrin was a complete dbag.  LoL

Yeah, I'm sure I'll give it a shot. The problem with slow burn type of  movies is that I actually need to be sitting down (not multi tasking) watching them and I need to be in the right frame of mind for sure.