What movie are you watching?

Forge

7 hours ago, Tyty said:

Well I just learned why it’s probably best to move on from physical dvd/blurays and start going digital. Skipped all the way from them being in the lestrange crypt to the autistic credence kid blasting a hole in a mountain for some reason lmao 

Is this a rental disc or one you just bought?

I run into this all the time with rentals.  People let their dogs chew on them or something.  That's the only reason i can come up with on how they end up so scratched.

I pretty much only rent digital, but i still buy blu-ray.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Is this a rental disc or one you just bought?

I run into this all the time with rentals.  People let their dogs chew on them or something.  That's the only reason i can come up with on how they end up so scratched.

I pretty much only rent digital, but i still buy blu-ray.

It was a Blu-ray I bought from redbox. Never had an issue with a redbox movie before. Never had an issue with a Blu-ray before lol

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

It was a Blu-ray I bought from redbox. Never had an issue with a redbox movie before. Never had an issue with a Blu-ray before lol

I haven't either, but it's been a while since we've tried one.  The convenience of a $4 rental over a $2 rental where I have to drive to the nearest redbox is a strong pull.

Plus then you have to drive back to Redbox to drop the movie off the next morning.  Also you never know if Redbox has the movie you want, or if the machine already ran out if it's popular.  Plus this disc issue you mentioned.

I'm actually surprised Redbox is still in business tbh.

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

I haven't either, but it's been a while since we've tried one.  The convenience of a $4 rental over a $2 rental where I have to drive to the nearest redbox is a strong pull.

Plus then you have to drive back to Redbox to drop the movie off the next morning.  Also you never know if Redbox has the movie you want, or if the machine already ran out if it's popular.  Plus this disc issue you mentioned.

There’s a redbox where I get groceries, so I’m never actually going out of my way for it and I only ever buy movies. I’m kinda surprised it’s still in business but at the same time, they don’t really have to pay for cashiers or anything, the machine just sits there like a movie vending machine and I see several people always renting movies from it. Maybe it’s different where you’re at though in a non-white trash town. 

• Like 1

I just had that issue with my Jack Reacher DVD. It was weird because the scene time was marked as 25 or so minutes but I know for a fact it's only 15 minutes into the movie. Then, it jumped, during the same scene, to 42 minutes and skipped a whole bunch of crap when the scene changed. I could rewind through it all and see it but it wouldn't play. The DVD is also in pristine condition so I know it wasn't because of a scratch or burn. I'm thinking I've just got a bad DVD player (or one that's going bad) at this point as I haven't had that happen with anything else before. Haven't tried to watch anything else yet though so who the hell really knows?

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just had that issue with my Jack Reacher DVD. It was weird because the scene time was marked as 25 or so minutes but I know for a fact it's only 15 minutes into the movie. Then, it jumped, during the same scene, to 42 minutes and skipped a whole bunch of crap when the scene changed. I could rewind through it all and see it but it wouldn't play. The DVD is also in pristine condition so I know it wasn't because of a scratch or burn. I'm thinking I've just got a bad DVD player (or one that's going bad) at this point as I haven't had that happen with anything else before. Haven't tried to watch anything else yet though so who the hell really knows?

Get a blu-ray player.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:48 AM, theJ said:

I actually live a quarter block from a Family Video that’s still in business. That somehow feels more surprising that those are still around. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:04 AM, pwny said:

I actually live a quarter block from a Family Video that’s still in business. That somehow feels more surprising that those are still around. 

Our local Family Video is selling CBD oil now lmao.

Watched Ben Is Back last night. Didn't love it, because Julia Roberts' character is kind of unbelievable, but it was a decent 90 minute watch and I've liked everything that Lucas Hedges has been in. 

Edited by Fl0nkerton

Zach Efron, Ted Bundy movie. I give it a 8, dont understand the complaints for it. I like that it used a different perspective for killers than we normally get. There were times when watching efron that you could swear you was looking at bundy. People gushed over him during his trial, and the movie showed that. The people complaining that it glorified him just didnt understand his trial back then.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Zach Efron, Ted Bundy movie. I give it a 8, dont understand the complaints for it. I like that it used a different perspective for killers than we normally get. There were times when watching efron that you could swear you was looking at bundy. People gushed over him during his trial, and the movie showed that. The people complaining that it glorified him just didnt understand his trial back then.

Just finished it myself. Pretty good performance

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Long Shot was friggin' hilarious. The dynamic between all the characters was just perfect. Highly recommend it. 

Yeah, there were a lot of good performances all around. The story itself was fairly predictable but I was laughing throughout the movie so I was ok with it.