What movie are you watching?

Forge

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Watched Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. It was okay and I thought Zac Efron was great as Bundy but why was this even made? The story/timeline wouldn't have made any sense had I not watched the Bundy tapes and why watch actors portraying these people when you can just watch/listen to the real thing with The Bundy Tapes.

Yeah, I just watched this and honestly I found it pretty boring

42 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

1517643506_tumblr_p0qede1YeT1un8jz4o6_54

Great movie, one of my favorites of last year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slinky said:

Thrill and anyone else who does what I described. 

Okay I wasn’t sure if you were looking for a more elaborate Blue Velvet review, I’d be happy to oblige either way lol.  Rampage doesn’t deserve a review.

Blue Velvet: Like most Lynch movies, the pacing was forgone in favor of shock scenes, but too much of the buildup was symbolic and unnecessary.  Still, the acting and cinematography are superb so some scenes are  uncomfortable to watch.  The pacing issues left me feeling like the buildup/climax/and ending were abrupt.

If you are a fan of Lynch movies there is a lot to like here.   The two female leads, Isabella Rossini and Laura Dern, were great in their opposing roles. Dennis Hopper is at his best as a narcissistic psycho,  reminded me of Ben Kingsley’s performance in Sexy Beast.  

It is not a timeless movie, I’m sure it was more thrilling at the time it was released.  If you’ve seen your share of modern horror/shock movies, you will likely be underwhelmed.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Outpost31 said:

Still going through crap movies on HBO Now just to get my money's worth out of that.  I have not gotten my money's worth yet, and I feel like HBO Now owes me money.

Skyscraper proves Dwayne Johnson does not hold a candle to the action stars he's supposed to be emulating.  That movie was what would happen if a 13-year-old who was allowed to watch a TV edit of Die Hard was asked to write a movie script. 

The First Purge was the worst major release movie I have seen in at least 4 years. 

Their movie selection, while a little better than Netflix's isn't that good. GoT, Ballers and their other original series' is where the real money is at. Also looking forward to Watchmen when it hits.

Though Dawn of the Dead 2004 is on there under Horror/Sci-Fi. Not the better Unrated cut, the standard, R-rated version, sadly. Luckily I have the Unrated version on Blu-Ray, which I watched not too long ago. It has more gore, more story and you see the whole priest clip.

18 hours ago, Slinky said:

Question. What's the point in posting what movie you watched if you're not gonna give your opinion on it? 

Thrill and anyone else who does what I described. 

I try to post gifs or images of what I’m watching to make this thread more visually appealing since movies are a visual medium.  I’m not sure why you feel opinions need to be given.  If you want to ask my thoughts on a movie, feel free. 

Edited by thrILL!

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Their movie selection, while a little better than Netflix's isn't that good. GoT, Ballers and their other original series' is where the real money is at. Also looking forward to Watchmen when it hits.

Though Dawn of the Dead 2004 is on there under Horror/Sci-Fi. Not the better Unrated cut, the standard, R-rated version, sadly. Luckily I have the Unrated version on Blu-Ray, which I watched not too long ago. It has more gore, more story and you see the whole priest clip.

Yea HBO's library is weak right now. For a good year and a half they were killing it with the movies they were landing. But the last 3-4 months or so have been so bad. Like you said though the original series, and documentaries are where the value is at.

Anyway watched the Pet Semetary remake last night with the daughter....very meh. Liked the story being tweaked a bit and it felt more in line with the book but overall failed to capture the dreadful feeling of the book that fuels the fathers actions. Think the original with it's flaws is still the better version.

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Yea HBO's library is weak right now

Outside of the produced shows there is no point to watch showtime, HBO, etc when you can just get Netflix that allows you to watch what shows you want and when you want.

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Anyway watched the Pet Semetary remake last night with the daughter....very meh. Liked the story being tweaked a bit and it felt more in line with the book but overall failed to capture the dreadful feeling of the book that fuels the fathers actions. Think the original with it's flaws is still the better version.

That's how I felt about it as well. It was just so boring and average in so many ways. A good remake either needs to be different enough from the original to warrant a remake or just flat out better than the original. This one was neither.

• Like 1

I keep seeing memes about the ted bundy movie. I’m probably not going to watch it but the complaints are that it doesn’t even show him in action, just him in court after getting caught? Like, what’s the point of that? Who gives a ****?