What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wife and I tried to watch 1922 on Netflix last night before bed, we both fell asleep 15 minutes into the film.

Worth continuing or nah?

It's a slow burn without much of a payoff.  If you didn't like the first 15 minutes, you won't like the rest.  I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the short story/novella, and I mostly just enjoyed it because I thought Jane did really well. 

Watched Okja with the GF and was really moved. I have always thought eating meat was a moral and environmental wrong but keep eating it because I revel in my selfishness. But that movie, especially the end, really made me think. It wasn't preachy at all but really hits home the horror of factory farming. Also, Jake G was freaking phenomenal. Actually all the acting was great.

They need that lab grown meat to hit market competitive price ASAP so I can feel better about my habits.

I went and saw Jigsaw last night. Lemme tell you, the trailers are a total farce, it basically pulls the rug from underneath you and slaps you square in the face. Without going directly into spoilers (though I think you KNOW what I'm talking about), it's NOT what they advertised. Every predictable plot twist and trope you'd come to expect from the Saw franchise is still very much alive and well in this movie.

Hell, a part of me would've settled for:

some batshyte crazy explanation for Jigsaw being back like the trailers led you to believe. Sadly, that's NOT what ended up happening, so yes, he's still dead, sorry to disappoint.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I went and saw Jigsaw last night. Lemme tell you, the trailers are a total farce, it basically pulls the rug from underneath you and slaps you square in the face. Without going directly into spoilers (though I think you KNOW what I'm talking about), it's NOT what they advertised. Every predictable plot twist and trope you'd come to expect from the Saw franchise is still very much alive and well in this movie.

Hell, a part of me would've settled for:

Reveal hidden contents

some batshyte crazy explanation for Jigsaw being back like the trailers led you to believe. Sadly, that's NOT what ended up happening, so yes, he's still dead, sorry to disappoint.

Why would you even watch that crap, or even think it could be good? Thats like going to see a Transformers movie and thinking it would be good after 5 straight bad movies. 

Watched The Dark Tower last night. I was a huge Stephen King fan when I was a teen and read most of his books but never got into TDT series so I have no idea how the books were. But the movie was meh. I figured McConaughey  alone would be worth the watch but even he couldn't make it interesting. I was happy to see Katheryn Winnick in it though. Always easy on the eyes. She's the only reason I sat through the first couple of seasons of Vikings