What movie are you watching?

Forge

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:43 PM, TENINCH said:

It was good. Had I been forced to see in the theatre I wouldn't have been mad about the money I spent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQin7iKy0vVhdybjWNbKyz

It was........ok.  I really liked the first half, good set up, premise and launch into the mystery of it, and it at least maintained the pace ok through the middle, but I thought it fizzled out pretty hard in the third act.  A little over the top brow beating with the messaging as well.  It's a good message, but it was delivered with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer, and if you are going to use the name Holmes, maybe try to make it a little more clever.  Great lead performance by Millie Bobby Brown with the right kind of energy and charisma the role needed, and a very good supporting performance from Cavill, who needed to hit just the right note playing Sherlock.  I still enjoyed it, would have no problem watching it again, but just feel like it could have been so much more had they spent a little more effort on developing the third act, especially after the case was solved.

B

On 9/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, TENINCH said:

Just finished watching Enola Holmes on Netlifx. Really fun and entertaining movie!

Here is my short movie review on facebook (I do these for every movie I watch):

Short movie review

Enola Holmes

Streams on Netflix. It was fine. I think pre-teen girls would love this. Others should watch it for lite fare, if they don't have other options. It had some good moments, and I mostly enjoyed it, but it needed more something for me to really recommend it.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, THE DUKE said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQin7iKy0vVhdybjWNbKyz

It was........ok.  I really liked the first half, good set up, premise and launch into the mystery of it, and it at least maintained the pace ok through the middle, but I thought it fizzled out pretty hard in the third act.  A little over the top brow beating with the messaging as well.  It's a good message, but it was delivered with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer, and if you are going to use the name Holmes, maybe try to make it a little more clever.  Great lead performance by Millie Bobby Brown with the right kind of energy and charisma the role needed, and a very good supporting performance from Cavill, who needed to hit just the right note playing Sherlock.  I still enjoyed it, would have no problem watching it again, but just feel like it could have been so much more had they spent a little more effort on developing the third act, especially after the case was solved.

B

Still not sure why the mother left lol. Guessing because of the bombing but no one knew she was part of it

Watched knives out and thought it was just okay 

42 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Still not sure why the mother left lol. Guessing because of the bombing but no one knew she was part of it

My best guess is they left it open ended for a sequel.  If not, then it's just horrendous writing.

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Thought the same thing. Didn’t understand all the rave reviews it got.