What movie are you watching?

Forge

39 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Ok, what comedy (you don't think I've seen) would you recommend? (streaming on Netflix or Prime is a plus)......no horror comedy, please.

Palm Springs on Hulu was a fun watch with a pretty good story, and a brisk 90 minute runtime.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Ok, what comedy (you don't think I've seen) would you recommend? (streaming on Netflix or Prime is a plus)......no horror comedy, please.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion but you'd have to be able to stomach Woody Allen as an actor and his directorial style.

• Like 1

harry-potters_400.jpg

Deathly Hallows: Part 1 was about as I remembered.  A few good sequences like in the Ministry, and finding the sword of Gryffendor, but it largely feels like less than the sum of its parts.  Doesn't help that the climax gets kind of rushed after so much exposition throughout, and knowing that there were some solid deleted scenes that didn't make it, and meanwhile the stupid dance scene is inserted for no real reason.  Not the worst of the set, but it is in the lower half.  I do think the score was a significant step up over the previous movies since John Williams was no longer involved after Prisoner of Azkaban.

film__16670-harry-potter-and-the-deathly

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 plays off much better when all the movies are fresh in your memory.  With part 1 really setting everything up, this one got to be action heavy, but with 7 movies of setup making things meaningful.  The one big thing I wish they would have kept was the banter in front of everyone between Harry and Voldemort right before their final duel.  It would have been a much better "OH ****!!!" moment if it was the way it unfolded in the book.  That and there are quite a few shoddy CGI moments in this one.  It's super heavy on CGI and I don't know if they were just out of time or something, but it was definitely noticeable when I wasn't even looking for it.  Not enough can be said about the late great Alan Rickman's portrayal of Snape.  By far the most complex character from the books and the one who is never really botched in the movies.  Just a masterful performance that lifts everything else around it.  After seeing all eight movies in the past two weeks on rewatch, my final rankings of the movies would have surprised me if I knew it'd end up this way when I started rewatching this go around.

Prison of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerers Stone
Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

film__16670-harry-potter-and-the-deathly

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 plays off much better when all the movies are fresh in your memory.  With part 1 really setting everything up, this one got to be action heavy, but with 7 movies of setup making things meaningful.  The one big thing I wish they would have kept was the banter in front of everyone between Harry and Voldemort right before their final duel.  It would have been a much better "OH ****!!!" moment if it was the way it unfolded in the book.  That and there are quite a few shoddy CGI moments in this one.  It's super heavy on CGI and I don't know if they were just out of time or something, but it was definitely noticeable when I wasn't even looking for it.  Not enough can be said about the late great Alan Rickman's portrayal of Snape.  By far the most complex character from the books and the one who is never really botched in the movies.  Just a masterful performance that lifts everything else around it.  After seeing all eight movies in the past two weeks on rewatch, my final rankings of the movies would have surprised me if I knew it'd end up this way when I started rewatching this go around.

Prison of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerers Stone
Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets

The final battle between the two is kinda weak

Watched the shinning for the first time the other day and while I enjoyed it, I don’t see the hype for this being a top 5 horror film like people say. The cinematography was top notch tho, so was the music, especially during the introduction.

Edited by Fresh Prince