What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched the 1999 House on Haunted Hill remake last night on HBO Max and, other than prime Famke Janssen, I found little to pique my interest throughout this movie. I really like horror movies and am able to excuse a lot of their shortcomings and still be entertained by a decent amount of them, I even consider Scream 3 and 4 guilty pleasures, but holy fock was this a mess. The movie starts off with some very promising visuals and tone... in the opening credits, then it goes South. So many plot holes, unlikable characters with some cringeworthy dialog, and CGI that would look bad in a film that came out in 1989, especially at the end with the CGI ghost. It makes the Hell CGI in Spawn look like f'ing Transformers.

I've seen far worse, but it wasn't great.

Uncle Frank was very cute. Nice to see Bettany push his limits as an actor, he did very well. Sophia Lillis is going to be a great acrtess moving forward, so much talent for her age. And Zahn + Greer + Martingale + Root + Louis Smith were all great as usual. Thats a A+ assembly of character actors / actresses. 

Nothing groundbreaking, but certainly worth your time. 

Also, rewatched Thunder Road. Man what a film. Jim Cummings is going to be a talent moving forward. Would like to see him do more acting as it seems right now he has only taken on projects that he writes, directs and stars in. He is too talented to only be in 2 films and box himself into works that he has a finger in all the pots. He needs to branch out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Uncle Frank was very cute. Nice to see Bettany push his limits as an actor, he did very well. Sophia Lillis is going to be a great acrtess moving forward, so much talent for her age. And Zahn + Greer + Martingale + Root + Louis Smith were all great as usual. Thats a A+ assembly of character actors / actresses. 

Saw the preview when I was flipping through prime for something to watch and added to my list. Glad to see it could live up to my expectation