What movie are you watching?

Forge

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

guns akimbo is trash

radcliffe did fine, but it was directed by a 12 year old

i hated the editing

It's stupid, but I had a blast watching it.  If you go in looking for flaws, you'll find them.  Turn your brain off and just enjoy and it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Hillbilly Elegy was brilliant. I wasn’t expecting it to be (I have low expectations for a majority of Netflix projects). Glenn Close nailed that grandma too. 

•  

I have only watched half, fell asleep, but it was a bit hallmark for me. It was just missing something. I am not sure Ron Howard was the best choice to tackle this project. 

That being said its about goddammed time we started getting more movies that highlight the plague that is killing 70,000 Americans annually. Its pretty crazy how few movies tackle this subject. 

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

guns akimbo is trash

radcliffe did fine, but it was directed by a 12 year old

i hated the editing

I liked it fine, but I didn't go into it with high expectations. There were worse ways to spend 90 minutes. 

edit: I see @THE DUKE more or less echoed what I said. I get why people will not like it, but I didn't think it was awful. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It's stupid, but I had a blast watching it.  If you go in looking for flaws, you'll find them.  Turn your brain off and just enjoy and it's a lot of fun.

I wasnt looking for plotholes, but the direction/editing was obnoxious.

it was like bad troma movie.

but i liked many of the performances (radcliffe, rhys darby, weaving)

1623805518da04dfd1a2a0f05a786cb7.jpg

No matter how many time I watch Troy, the storming of the beach scene gets me amped up every time.  This movie just gets better with age for me.  The dialogue is very up and down throughout, with a few painfully bad areas, but it also has some great lines and good quotes.  The Achillies vs Hector fight is awesome, as is the Trojan sneak attack. Brian Cox relishes his screen chewing villainy and the supporting cast is top notch with Peter O'Toole, Brendan Gleeson, Sean Bean, etc...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

No matter how many time I watch Troy, the storming of the beach scene gets me amped up every time.  This movie just gets better with age for me.  The dialogue is very up and down throughout, with a few painfully bad areas, but it also has some great lines and good quotes.  The Achillies vs Hector fight is awesome, as is the Trojan sneak attack. Brian Cox relishes his screen chewing villainy and the supporting cast is top notch with Peter O'Toole, Brendan Gleeson, Sean Bean, etc...

Love this movie, Eric Bana does such a great job as hector, hurts me every time I see him die.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

No matter how many time I watch Troy, the storming of the beach scene gets me amped up every time.  This movie just gets better with age for me.  The dialogue is very up and down throughout, with a few painfully bad areas, but it also has some great lines and good quotes.  The Achillies vs Hector fight is awesome, as is the Trojan sneak attack. Brian Cox relishes his screen chewing villainy and the supporting cast is top notch with Peter O'Toole, Brendan Gleeson, Sean Bean, etc...Is there anyone else?" 

the introduction of Achilles in the first five minutes has me hooked every time.. Just so great.... " Is there anyone else?" 

I am with you..this movie just keeps getting better.  And such a cast.

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Love this movie, Eric Bana does such a great job as hector, hurts me every time I see him die.

agreed...Achilles is just the dog though. 

On 12/2/2020 at 4:58 AM, THE DUKE said:

That's what I did. And I admit, I've become a radcliffe supporter and seem to enjoy a weird amount of his movies

4 hours ago, Forge said:

That's what I did. And I admit, I've become a radcliffe supporter and seem to enjoy a weird amount of his movies

Have you seen the movie where he's a federal agent that joins a white nationalist group? Can't remember what it's called but wondered if it was worth catching.