What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I can’t remember the last movie I hated as much as I hated I Care A Lot.

Maybe that Netflix movie with the Avatar guy.  Sam Worthington?  The one where his wife and child go missing.

I really hated it.  Dinklage was good in it, but nothing about it was enjoyable and I hated every minute of it.

Bottom 10 movie I’ve actually finished watching in the past 10 years.

Yeah, they needed to take a lesson from Burn After Reading to make selfish/boorish/bad people very likeable (and funny).

• Like 1

I watched a couple of bad movies, Johnny Mnemonic and Cool World, earlier this week knowing they’d be bad. I was feeling nostalgic for the 90’s. I had seen Johnny Mnemonic, but it had been about 20 years. It was entertaining for a bad movie, but I liked it more when I was a kid. Cool World was really bad, but it was entertaining enough for me to finish it. Brad Pitt was so different back then. 

Now watching a good movie I hadn’t seen in years...Batman Begins. I might just complete the Nolan trilogy.

Edited by JohnChimpo

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Apparently you didn't see my warnings. 

It was pretty silly at times and obviously not as good as the last one but it was fun seeing all these actors together again.  Leslie Jones and Tracy Morgan were hilarious additions.  It may not make the rotation but it’s worth a look for fans of the original.  

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It was pretty silly at times and obviously not as good as the last one but it was fun seeing all these actors together again.  Leslie Jones and Tracy Morgan were hilarious additions.  It may not make the rotation but it’s worth a look for fans of the original.  

Tracy Morgan isn't funny and neither is Leslie Jones.  Tracy Morgan can be funny I guess.  The man has great comedic timing, but it really depends on the script he's given, and this one was not good.  He was excellent frequently on Saturday Night Live and in 30 Rock.

Leslie Jones is not funny.  Some things she's said in her standup and her television and her film career have been funny, and that's why people laugh in spite of her delivery, which is always the same.  Her idea of funny is loud, boisterous and obnoxious and people are caught off guard by the incongruity of it sometimes and they accidentally laugh.  But she is not funny.  I think probably her yelling makes people uncomfortable, which forces people to laugh at her standup, and as the crowds got bigger the peer pressure for people to laugh got greater.  I think that's how Amy Schumer got where she is, too.  Not off humor, but discomfort stemming from their crass vulgarity and over the top delivery.  It made people uncomfortable, so they laughed until more people laughed until enough people were laughing she got famous.  Then again, there are a lot of people who think John Cena is funny in his terrible comedy movies. 

So Leslie Jones is great if you like the comedy of Dane Cook, Amy Schumer and Aziz Ansari.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, Malfatron said:

coming 2 america was just okay.

i didnt laugh once but it was fine.

I didn't laugh out loud at any point either, but agree that it was fine. It's just preying on sentimentality and nostalgia, but that's fine and it worked for the most part

meg-fp-0014-2000.jpg

Rented out a theater at the local Cinemark for my twins birthday for them and their friends and chose The Meg to watch since none of us had seen it and it seemed like a solid choice for 14 year olds, and all the new release selections were pretty meh.  This was a very paint by numbers type of action thriller, but I do have to say the numbers were painted very well.  Statham is solid in this type of role as ever with a good amount of heart and badassery, the little girl was used very effectively and not over used, a good mixture of jump scares and tension building, Rainn Wilson plays the D-Bag billionaire well.  The forced romance stuff fell flat, but it at least wasn't pushed too hard so it really didn't take away from the experience.  All in all a movie I could easily see myself seeking out to  rewatch in the future and the kind of movie you could pick up at any point and enjoy it until it finishes.

B

• Like 3