What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 3/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, Outpost31 said:

Are you absolutely serious?

Like WTF, everybody?  I thought it was common knowledge how incredible this movie is.

After watching Stallone's version, I wonder if a lot of people did like I did and wrote the whole franchise off forever.  That was a brutally bad movie.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:
On 3/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Malfatron said:

yeah watching Dredd for the first time too.

really really good.

love Karl Urban.

probably my favorite actor

I dated a girl for a few years who’s uncle was Tony Mendez - Ben Affleck in the movie. He died a few years back but I met him several times

huh?

Rain Man 2: Rainman Serves In The Persian Gulf War

I have to say, this sequel is a little startling compared to the first Rain Man. I don’t feel like Dustin Hoffman’s character needed to serve in the war. And Tom Cruise is barely in it. My two favorite parts were when Rainman was outside the enemy compound and they were insisting he go in but he kept saying “it’s 37 minutes til 11. It’s lights out time at 11. I have to be in bed by 11.” And later when he had Saddam Hussein in his crosshairs. “Raymond, you are clear to take the shot.” “...” “Raymond? Can you take the shot?” “...” “Raymond, can you respond to him?” “Yeah.” “Raymond, can you take the shot?” “...” “Raymond, can you take the shot?” “Yeah.” Bang. 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I have to say, this sequel is a little startling compared to the first Rain Man. I don’t feel like Dustin Hoffman’s character needed to serve in the war. And Tom Cruise is barely in it. My two favorite parts were when Rainman was outside the enemy compound and they were insisting he go in but he kept saying “it’s 37 minutes til 11. It’s lights out time at 11. I have to be in bed by 11.” And later when he had Saddam Hussein in his crosshairs. “Raymond, you are clear to take the shot.” “...” “Raymond? Can you take the shot?” “...” “Raymond, can you respond to him?” “Yeah.” “Raymond, can you take the shot?” “...” “Raymond, can you take the shot?” “Yeah.” Bang. 

Is this like a piss poor retelling of the Bears QB position and Rain Man is Andy Dalton?

On 3/6/2021 at 3:33 AM, Malfatron said:
On 3/6/2021 at 12:26 AM, Outpost31 said:

I can’t remember the last movie I hated as much as I hated I Care A Lot.

Maybe that Netflix movie with the Avatar guy.  Sam Worthington?  The one where his wife and child go missing.

I really hated it.  Dinklage was good in it, but nothing about it was enjoyable and I hated every minute of it.

Bottom 10 movie I’ve actually finished watching in the past 10 years.

Yeah, they needed to take a lesson from Burn After Reading to make selfish/boorish/bad people very likeable (and funny).

i was about to watch this when it came out, but then i saw you two ****ting on it so i assumed it must suck. ended up watching it last night because someone else put it on & besides breaking the cardinal rule of don't start a movie with narration (because i will turn that **** off), it was pretty great. like probably the best new movie i've seen in months, which isn't saying a whole **** of a lot, but still pretty good stuff. you dorks need to stop insisting on having likable characters in your movies. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i was about to watch this when it came out, but then i saw you two ****ting on it so i assumed it must suck. ended up watching it last night because someone else put it on & besides breaking the cardinal rule of don't start a movie with narration (because i will turn that **** off), it was pretty great. like probably the best new movie i've seen in months, which isn't saying a whole **** of a lot, but still pretty good stuff. you dorks need to stop insisting on having likable characters in your movies. 

It's not that it was bad.  It's just painful to watch.  Original, compelling, all those things.  But i'm never going to rewatch it, that's for sure.

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

😆😆😆