What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Gotta finish up Justice League today. It is so much better than it was! Kind of a grind, but I would rather this than the one that got messed up. Especially loving all the backstory they dedicated to the characters and even to Steppenwolf and Darkseid. This version basically saves the Cyborg too. 

It's definitely a grind. I'm very curious how much Snyder would butcher it if he had to cut 75 minutes for a theatrical version.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's definitely a grind. I'm very curious how much Snyder would butcher it if he had to cut 75 minutes for a theatrical version.

That's what I kept thinking, what would this have been if he got what he wanted from day one for theaters? Lol probably still a mess. I finished it, and I'm kind of sad that there won't be another as of yet because they have some story set up for the future, but they also butchered so much of the handling of this particular EU that perhaps they should just reboot or focus elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

That's what I kept thinking, what would this have been if he got what he wanted from day one for theaters? Lol probably still a mess. I finished it, and I'm kind of sad that there won't be another as of yet because they have some story set up for the future, but they also butchered so much of the handling of this particular EU that perhaps they should just reboot or focus elsewhere. 

I may be in the minority, but I think the follow up based on the "Knightmare" would have been a giant cluster **** of awful.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I may be in the minority, but I think the follow up based on the "Knightmare" would have been a giant cluster **** of awful.

Agreed I don’t think I would’ve liked that jump. Maybe if they ended the trilogy with it being the knightmare world and them trying to fix it, with a movie in between 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:48 PM, THE DUKE said:

Top 3 billed are Colin Farrell, Samuel L Jackson, and Jeremy Renner, and that theme song is iconic.

I used to love watching the TV show when I was a kid, so it was pretty cool to see the guy who originally played Hondo in a cameo role as the SWAT truck driver at the end of the movie.

I also enjoyed Michelle Rodriguez, but I just can't figure out why she always has to have that scowl on her face.  She actually has a very pretty smile, but with that scowl, it makes her look like she is sucking on a 9-volt battery. 

Edited by Uncle Buck