What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel like The Dead Don’t Die will appreciate over time.

Doesn’t quite feel like it hit on the meta or the humor, but maybe it did.

I can’t tell yet if I like it, hate it, meh it, love it...

It did, partly because it didnt.

i personally really like it

Watched "Nobody" last night. Actually had a decent cast with Bob Odenkirk, Connie Nielson, Christopher Lloyd, Michael Ironside,... basically John Wick with more hand to hand and less guns. Mindless action with some interesting story elements. Nothing special but worth a watch. Interesting to see Saul Goodman throwing hands.

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Seriously? That makes me sad. 

Yes, I cannot overstate how bad this movie was - and I love Jack Ryan and these types of movies and I was very excited for this.

The action is ridiculously stupid and watered down to Michael B. Jordan walking into rooms killing everyone while they all stand there doing nothing. No blood, no realism, no nothing. I can appreciate that for movies like Shoot 'Em Up where it's kind of a parody of itself, but this movie takes itself very seriously and it just makes it awful.

I would basically describe this is as a C-list action film where everything is taken over the top, including the acting, but in a HORRIBLE way that makes it cringeworthy to watch. 

I don't know, maybe you need to watch it and decide for yourself but I was expecting this movie to rival Jack Ryan and it just....doesn't. In any way.

Here's an example:

Spoiler

There's the scene where his wife is killed in their house. The killers cut the power to his house and when Michael B. Jordan notices (the way he notices is that his laptop just happens to die RIGHT after they cut the power!), he happens to have a fully loaded gun within 2 feet of him in his basement (convenient!). He proceeds to go around his house killing the baddies until he gets to the last one. They trade gun fire and both hit each other a few times in the upper body. Michael B. Jordan lays on the ground obviously wounded and can't really move. Now, keep in mind ALL of the shots that hit him are to his upper body (arms, chest, shoulders, core), yet during this whole scene, he's NOT USING HIS LEGS, WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN SHOT, AND IS INSTEAD CRAWLING USING ONLY HIS ARMS AND SHOULDERS, WHERE THE BULLET HOLES ARE.

I just couldn't take this **** seriously because there's so many massive "wait, why is this happening?! HOW did this happen?!" moments.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Good lord John David Washington in Tenet is one of the worst leading performances in a bigtime hollywood production i’ve seen in a long time.

Every line sounds like he’s reading it off the page behind the camera lol so wooden

I just rewatched the first 2 Rush Hour movies on HBO Max, love them both. The chemistry/jokes between Chan and Tucker is off the charts, so many quotable lines/jokes between them in the first 2 movies (we don't talk about that third one), it's insane (I never thought I'd hear the word cigaweed in my life before watching the first RH, lol), and yes, I even love the second one, glaring plot holes aside (Isabella happened to be flying all the way from Hong Kong to LA at the exact same time as them and conveniently staying at a hotel right across the street from where they are while also getting a package from the same mail package terrorist from Hong Kong who strangely didn't mail a bomb this time despite her being a USSS agent (!), all for the sake of writing this funny AF scene).

Seriously. 🤣

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Today I’ve watched Midway and about halfway through Dunkirk, and Midway is the better movie to me.

You’re better than this.

Better does not equal more enjoyable.

Nothing Emmerich made is better than anything Nolan made.

Dunkirk was NOT enjoyable to me, so I agree with what you’re saying, but semantically speaking...

You’re wrong.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re better than this.

Dunkirk was NOT enjoyable to me, so I agree with what you’re saying, but semantically speaking...

You’re wrong.

You’re right I should’ve said more enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, I cannot overstate how bad this movie was - and I love Jack Ryan and these types of movies and I was very excited for this.

The action is ridiculously stupid and watered down to Michael B. Jordan walking into rooms killing everyone while they all stand there doing nothing. No blood, no realism, no nothing. I can appreciate that for movies like Shoot 'Em Up where it's kind of a parody of itself, but this movie takes itself very seriously and it just makes it awful.

I would basically describe this is as a C-list action film where everything is taken over the top, including the acting, but in a HORRIBLE way that makes it cringeworthy to watch. 

I don't know, maybe you need to watch it and decide for yourself but I was expecting this movie to rival Jack Ryan and it just....doesn't. In any way.

Here's an example:

Hide contents

There's the scene where his wife is killed in their house. The killers cut the power to his house and when Michael B. Jordan notices (the way he notices is that his laptop just happens to die RIGHT after they cut the power!), he happens to have a fully loaded gun within 2 feet of him in his basement (convenient!). He proceeds to go around his house killing the baddies until he gets to the last one. They trade gun fire and both hit each other a few times in the upper body. Michael B. Jordan lays on the ground obviously wounded and can't really move. Now, keep in mind ALL of the shots that hit him are to his upper body (arms, chest, shoulders, core), yet during this whole scene, he's NOT USING HIS LEGS, WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN SHOT, AND IS INSTEAD CRAWLING USING ONLY HIS ARMS AND SHOULDERS, WHERE THE BULLET HOLES ARE.

I just couldn't take this **** seriously because there's so many massive "wait, why is this happening?! HOW did this happen?!" moments.

I watched it yesterday. You were completely right this movie was dumb. I thought the legs thing was because he was shot in the spine. I did like the scene where he lit the car on fire and then got in it.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re better than this.

You’re wrong.

I HATED Dunkirk. Absolutely Hated It.