What movie are you watching?

Forge

Rewatched State of Play for the first time in about a decade.  Holds up well, a good taut political/journalism thriller and just a phenomenal cast with Crowe, Affleck, Miran, McAdams, and Bateman.  It's on Netflix, I definitely recommend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7SL9hnKBHtW-FRfNzzE9

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Rewatched State of Play for the first time in about a decade.  Holds up well, a good taut political/journalism thriller and just a phenomenal cast with Crowe, Affleck, Miran, McAdams, and Bateman.  It's on Netflix, I definitely recommend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7SL9hnKBHtW-FRfNzzE9

I kind of half watched it the other day while doing some other stuff.  I need to rewatch it.  It was definitely good.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:52 PM, THE DUKE said:

It actually comes together nicely at the end, but yeah, it's a head turner when you're in the middle.

I agree with this. It made a lot more sense towards the end, but halfway through I was nick young meme. 

Any of y'all studs into the Criterion collection?

I used to have the streaming service and loved it but for right now, HBO Max has a pretty good variety of 'classics' that are a great starting point. I been jonesing to dive back into being a huge tool and saying 'film' again and growing a crappy beard and having strong opinions about things I have never done.

3 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Any of y'all studs into the Criterion collection?

I used to have the streaming service and loved it but for right now, HBO Max has a pretty good variety of 'classics' that are a great starting point. I been jonesing to dive back into being a huge tool and saying 'film' again and growing a crappy beard and having strong opinions about things I have never done.

Yeah, I've got a number of Criterion blu rays in the collection.

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Great movie to revisit every few years

It's a pretty funny look into the world of dog shows. I know someone who fits in just about every category they had.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:08 PM, D82 said:

Best in Show

Christopher Guest mastered the mockumentary.

love all his stuff

wating for guffman

mighty wind

best in show

even for your consideration

and of course spinal tap (though obviously, didnt direct)

• Like 1