What movie are you watching?

Forge

16 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Good to hear I love everything Taylor Sheridan gets his hands on (Wind River, Sicario,  Hell or High Water, and Yellowstone) I thought the trailer looked a little corny so I was worried 

Sicario 2 was ... not good imo. Without Remorse was "fine". Haven't seen the new AJ movie. Otherwise everything else is great, yeah. 

On 5/20/2021 at 8:16 AM, MikeT14 said:

Sicario 2 was ... not good imo. Without Remorse was "fine". Haven't seen the new AJ movie. Otherwise everything else is great, yeah. 

I enjoyed far more than Wind River, Hell or High Water, and Those That Wish Us Dead. I hope Del Toro continues this character.

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Watched Army of the Dead yesterday. It's worth a watch IMO.

Didn't care for the last 20 minutes or so, and the plot had some issues, but I actually did enjoy it from an entertainment standpoint

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The one with gosling? 

yes

Not to get too into the weeds (especially since it covers religious and political subjects) but something I read recently really made that movie resonate in a much deeper way upon rewatch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

yes

Not to get too into the weeds (especially since it covers religious and political subjects) but something I read recently really made that movie resonate in a much deeper way upon rewatch. 

Really interesting movie. He does a really good job given his youth and relative lack of experience in those types of roles at the time. He's excellent at showing off the self hate while displaying how deeply his religion and his knowledge impact him. It's an excellent performance with some tricky material. I probably haven't seen it in over a decade, but definitely one that can stick with you

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Army of the Dead was a fun movie but hated the last 20 or so minutes 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Exact same issue. I rather enjoyed it prior to that

6 hours ago, D82 said:

The last part of the movie basically ruined it. 

yep, agree with all of this.

a missed opportunity

mQrgWR@facebook.gif

Yes I am.  Gladiator is still probably my favorite movie of all time.  Watched it this weekend with my soon to be 11 year old, and it just holds up so well.  The story, the acting, the direction, GOAT level score from Hans Zimmer, it just all weaves together.

• Like 4