What movie are you watching?

Forge

23 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Watched the Friends Reunion special, and it was actually pretty well done.

Wasn't bad. I originally thought it would be the actors playing their characters. Then they would show us (In 10 additional seasons) where the characters were in life. Kinda bummed me out they didn't go that route. ☺️

On 6/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, MikeT14 said:

Watched Apollo 13 for the first time in a long time. Still really holds up well. It's amazing the little things Hanks does in his roles to just go the extra mile. 

I really like him in Philadelphia and The Green Mile.

It Follows. Love this movie. It couldn’t be more obvious that the metaphor is for marijuana addiction. Once it passes on to you, there’s nothing you can do and nowhere you can run until you inevitably die in the most horrific and violent accident 

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It Follows. Love this movie. It couldn’t be more obvious that the metaphor is for marijuana addiction. Once it passes on to you, there’s nothing you can do and nowhere you can run until you inevitably die in the most horrific and violent accident 

Things it isn’t a metaphor for: STDs, rape, teen pregnancy, beyblades

Watched Escape Plan last night (had never heard of it before last night).  Classic Sly and Arnold movie where they get to punch a bunch of dudes.  It was good.  

I saw there was a 2&3, but also saw the ratings were junk.  I almost want to watch them just to see why they're so poorly rated.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Watched Escape Plan last night (had never heard of it before last night).  Classic Sly and Arnold movie where they get to punch a bunch of dudes.  It was good.  

I saw there was a 2&3, but also saw the ratings were junk.  I almost want to watch them just to see why they're so poorly rated.

I’m not sure about three but I think I remember reading two is one of the worst things this decade so it might be worth it 😂

• Like 1

I maintain that the scariest element of Kubrick's 'The Shining"(1980) is Shelley Duvall...

I know it's not kind to say, but that woman is so F'n ugly it's actually jarring. Can anyone truly blame Jack for giving into some non ideal impulses when his only tethers to reality are a weirdo son that talks with his finger and his wife who may or may not be a garden weasel in human form?

Who are we to judge?

And on the subject of unattractive(IMO) actresses in movies about psychopaths, I re-watched 'American Psycho' for the first time in a while over the weekend and a major takeaway for me was how strong Chloe Sevigny's performance was. She's a great example of an acting talent that could've had a much more celebrated and illustrious career had she navigated along a let's say 'more refined' path.

• Like 1

And on the subject of unattractive(IMO) actresses in movies about psychopaths, I re-watched 'American Psycho' for the first time in a while over the weekend and a major takeaway for me was how strong Chloe Sevigny's performance was. She's a great example of an acting talent that could've had a much more celebrated and illustrious career had she navigated along a let's say 'more refined' path.

Sevigny could have been whatever she wanted to be as an actress. She is that talented. Just didnt see the draw of the limelight and kept to the indies or smaller. I really wish she did more crossover into at least slightly bigger films. But whatever makes you happy. 

• Like 1