What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

There's mindless, then there's being treated like you are stupid and need it drawn out in crayons.

A good mindless action film has fun rewatchability. This feels more under "seen it once and forget" vibes. 

I didn't hate it but I'll likely never watch it again.  Whereas I can watch Edge of Tomorrow a zillion times bcuz it's a great movie all around.  I'd rather a film strive for more like Edge did than just being mindless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

Love that movie.

I haven't seen it for a long time.

Yeah me too.  I happened upon it on Hulu and since I was looking for something light and funny to watch, it was a no brainer.  It held up pretty well too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

They need to make more straightforward action movies like Dredd (2012) and Mad Max: Fury Road

Dredd was so underrated.  One of the best action movies of the last decade.

Mad Max was good too.

I miss when movies and TV were primarily about entertainment.   Now, its just about lecturing and pushing narratives.    Movies in the past did it, but it was usually snuck in.   Now, its the opposite ...the entertainment aspect is not the main goal.

• Like 2

I'm doing something daring, guys, I'm actually eating my dinner while watching Texas Chain Saw Massacre, the original (as if the spelling didn't give it away). Yes, I'm fully prepared to throw up in my mouth, it's that damn good that I'll watch it anywhere, anytime, especially come Halloween season, a true horror classic. The dinner scene is easily one of the most memorable, and outright disturbing moments in horror history. The characters are all kinda throwaway, but the masterfully-done horror kinda makes up for it. It earns its reputation as one of the most disturbing films ever made, and it does so without really relying a ton on blood/gore/shock, which makes it all the more impressive (Tobe Hooper wanted a PG rating and was promptly told "f*ck no" from the MPAA no matter how much he recut and appealed).

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I'm doing something daring, guys, I'm actually eating my dinner while watching Texas Chain Saw Massacre, the original (as if the spelling didn't give it away). Yes, I'm fully prepared to throw up in my mouth, it's that damn good that I'll watch it anywhere, anytime, especially come Halloween season, a true horror classic. The dinner scene is easily one of the most memorable, and outright disturbing moments in horror history. The characters are all kinda throwaway, but the masterfully-done horror kinda makes up for it. It earns its reputation as one of the most disturbing films ever made, and it does so without really relying a ton on blood/gore/shock, which makes it all the more impressive (Tobe Hooper wanted a PG rating and was promptly told "f*ck no" from the MPAA no matter how much he recut and appealed).

OG TCSM is one of my favorites of all time. 

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I’ve never seen it. I’m not a big horror fan, but I should probably watch it at some point. I saw the remake, and Jessica Biel was by far the best part of it. 

I’ve been thinking of watching the original Night of the Living Dead. It’s a great one too, right?

• Like 1

I was hoping this hard to find mob movie would be on HBO Max since it was an HBO Original movie back in the day but it’s not available there.  It’s not even for sale anywhere and then I find the entire movie up in full on YouTube for free. Fantastic performance by Armand Asante as John Gotti and the cast is packed with multiple actors that would later go on to star in The Sopranos. If you liked that series and mob flicks in general, this is well worth it.