What movie are you watching?

Forge

The Superdeep.

Movies like it, The Void, Harbinger Down all prove that, budget the same, practical effects always, always, always, always beat CGI.

They also prove that no amount of great effects can make a terrible movie worth watching.

Those three movies have fantastic practical effects, but they’re so terrible you might as well not even watch them.

I’m a pretty stupid person, not terribly observant, so I can’t usually pick up on minute details in movies like others can but I wonder why when I originally watched shutter island I thought his idea that he was a us Marshall and was getting trapped by the institution was a legitimate possibility and that the ending was left ambiguous but after reading the book a couple times and watching it countless times afterwards it’s clear there was only one ending all along lol. I do like the moment of clarity Laeddis gets at the end, pretending to start sliding back into his previous ways because he knew the lobotomy was the only way to escape his internal torture. “I wonder what’s worse: to live as a monster or die a good man.” The scene at the lake with his kids remains one of the most difficult scenes I’ve ever watched. 

32 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Movie pretty good? The cast looks decent with Stanfield, Kaluuya, and Plemons seemingly heading it up. It's based on an interesting true story, but the director doesn't have many credits...

Yeah it was good. Heavy. Kaluuya killed it. Remember when he was in the random black mirror pilot and now he’s a powerhouse. 

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah it was good. Heavy. Kaluuya killed it. Remember when he was in the random black mirror pilot and now he’s a powerhouse. 

Same! The second episode. Actually one of my favorites from the series.

I really hope The Tomorrow War addresses why they wouldn’t just send a bunch of people from the future to the past to start preparing for the aliens and get a 28 year head start.

At least try to explain that.

Even if it’s a bad explanation.

Okay I guess they did.  At least a tiny bit.

Edited by Outpost31

I was always going to watch The Tomorrow War, but what made me decide to start watching it last night because I found out Betty Gilpin was in it.

They reduced the second best actress if best equals my favorite to the most basic wife character you could possibly imagine with zero ability whatsoever to do anything whatsoever.