What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels while at work today. 

Steve Martin and Michael Caine are always just a joy to watch, but man, I swear that Glenne Headly was an unappreciated national treasure as an actress. Limited in the scope of roles she could play, but she's one of the few actors / actresses that I feel could accurately be described as "adorable". 

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. 

Maybe it's just the fact that I think that this had a very underwhelming reception when it was released.....but not going to lie, I didn't completely hate this. There's not much going on besides some stylized action, but the fairly barebones plot made it easily digestible 

On 8/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Forge said:

I watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels while at work today. 

Steve Martin and Michael Caine are always just a joy to watch, but man, I swear that Glenne Headly was an unappreciated national treasure as an actress. Limited in the scope of roles she could play, but she's one of the few actors / actresses that I feel could accurately be described as "adorable". 

great movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Pig was the best film I have seen in a very long time. Its beautiful. No other way to really describe it. 

There are a few monologs that Cage gives that are up there with the best I have ever seen. He is that good. 

really looking forward to that when it comes to VOD

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

5dc56461a9d971001c65dd58.jpg

I know Heat is Michael Mann's masterpiece but Public Enemies is right behind it for me.

You don’t even like Public Enemies.

You just convinced yourself you do the same way you convinced yourself you like Blade Runner.

Public Enemies was about as entertaining as watching a dead bug be dead.

I was gonna say that A Quiet Place 2 is less enjoyable than the first one because of the dumb kid in the second one, but then I remembered that the dead girl in the first one was really annoying at first too.

But holy cow if I had to listen to that kid scream like a ***** one more time when he knows that a sound could kill his entire family, I might not have watched much longer.

If I was his mom I probably would have just shot him in the middle of his first scream.

6a00d83451be5969e201bb08c03339970d-pi

Catch Me If You Can is such a fun movie.  It's been a while since i've seen it, but it just works so well on a lot of different levels.  Top 5 acting performance from Dicaprio's career imo, a stellar supporting cast, one of John Williams better understated scores, Spielberg directing when he still at the height of his ability, just a complete movie from top to bottom.

• Like 5

Christopher Nolan literally does not care about casual viewers or he’s got the worst editor in the world or he needs to slow himself the hell down.

He goes 100 miles per hour in these movies and he has to put literally all exposition in dialogue because he can’t take the time to show things at a normal pace.

Tenet is like he tried to fit twenty minutes worth into the first 8 minutes of the movie.