What movie are you watching?

Forge

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously screw Christopher Nolan.

Seriously.

Tenet.

Just when I finally thought for the first two hours of a two hour and 24 minute movie he had finally made a movie I didn’t like or think was objectively good, he changes everything.

It really was good.

I told you, Tenet is the ultimate "comes together at the end" movie, even more so than Memento.  It requires ALL of your attention, but it pays off big.

Watching the Val Kilmer doc. Heartbreaking hearing his voice after voice cancer, must be awful for a guy so passionate about acting. Super cool that he recorded so much of his life and is able to piece it together for this doc. Only like 20 mins in but the look into the process, vanity, and artistry is fascinating. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Watching the Val Kilmer doc. Heartbreaking hearing his voice after voice cancer, must be awful for a guy so passionate about acting. Super cool that he recorded so much of his life and is able to piece it together for this doc. Only like 20 mins in but the look into the process, vanity, and artistry is fascinating. 

It wasn’t bad. Pretty interesting to see the behind the scenes but it didn’t feel particularly deep and didn’t say much about who he truly is or why Hollywood thought he was difficult to work with. He is clearly intelligent and well spoken and definitely weird. I appreciate his works and stuff more now after seeing this but yeah still feel like it was lacking…something. 

Like if an unbiased cinematographer/director had pieced this together about his life it might’ve had that. The problem with any autobiographical story is you’ll only really get what the subject wants you to see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

True story, I know the guy, in real life, that shot the warthog out of the helicopter. 

in lone survivor, the rescue helicopter that got blown up was actually sent from my moms squadron. fun facts 

Edited by FinneasGage
  • Like 1