What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Does it just focus on her dad and his struggle to get her out?  I'd be curious about the actual case bcuz I swear the narrative for years was that she was legit guilty.

It's not actually about Amanda Knox. Just the "American in foreign country murders roommate" story is based on it. 

As far as Knox is concerned, I'm not sure she was actually guilty of it or not. Didn't they have DNA of the other guy and that dude fled the country? I'd have to follow up on all the details again. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As far as Knox is concerned, I'm not sure she was actually guilty of it or not. Didn't they have DNA of the other guy and that dude fled the country? I'd have to follow up on all the details again. 

I remember reading an-depth article about it years back while she still locked up.  It sure didn't look good for her at all but I didn't keep a close eye on the trial.  I think she was convicted twice and acquitted twice.  I know she's pissed about the movie tho.

47 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I remember reading an-depth article about it years back while she still locked up.  It sure didn't look good for her at all but I didn't keep a close eye on the trial.  I think she was convicted twice and acquitted twice.  I know she's pissed about the movie tho.

As she should be. It's a blatant rip off of her story and she gets no money from it. 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's not actually about Amanda Knox. Just the "American in foreign country murders roommate" story is based on it. 

Yes, the killer was found and put in jail. It wasn't Knox

• Like 2

Flipped through channels and Batman Begins/The Dark Knight were on. Had nothing to do so rewatched those for the nth time. Two movies I appreciate more and more every time. Probably the best superhero origin story ever, and one of best sequels ever.

The Dark Knight is a masterpiece in so many ways but I love how many moral dilemmas are placed in that film. One man with gunpowder and dynamite brought a city to its knees. It's a damn shame Ledger died. The rumor of him coming back in the third movie as a Hannibal Lecter-esque character to help Batman against Bane would've been incredible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Flipped through channels and Batman Begins/The Dark Knight were on. Had nothing to do so rewatched those for the nth time. Two movies I appreciate more and more every time. Probably the best superhero origin story ever, and one of best sequels ever.

The Dark Knight is a masterpiece in so many ways but I love how many moral dilemmas are placed in that film. One man with gunpowder and dynamite brought a city to its knees. It's a damn shame Ledger died. The rumor of him coming back in the third movie as a Hannibal Lecter-esque character to help Batman against Bane would've been incredible.

God, Maggie Gyllenaal was so miscast though.  Nolan with a powerful 0 for 2 on that character. 

Sweet Girl on Netflix. Very average at best. Didn’t really do anything new. The twist at the end they stole from The Uninvited made me laugh. 

Jack Reacher (2012) was pretty subpar as well. Action movies are kinda hard to pull off I guess. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, beekay414 said:

Jungle Cruise

Meh. That's really all I got. Never been on the ride so I have no idea whether or not this story was true to it or not but it was okay. Enough to keep me entertained for a few hours but, other than that, there's no reason to watch it again.

I walked out being like, well they change that Pirates of the Caribbean formula enough to work. But next morning was like no it was 100% the same formula.

Worked, would watch another.