What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 9/5/2021 at 12:05 AM, FinneasGage said:

81dupmqIQQL._SY445_.jpg

this looks pretty bland, but **** it was great. probably the most intense movie i've seen since Good Time

If you liked this movie also check out Sicario and also Wind River (one of my all time favorites) all 3 were written by Taylor Sheridan who is also involved with the Yellowstone series. I know I’ve posted about him a couple times in here and no I won’t stop haha 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

If you liked this movie also check out Sicario and also Wind River (one of my all time favorites) all 3 were written by Taylor Sheridan who is also involved with the Yellowstone series. I know I’ve posted about him a couple times in here and no I won’t stop haha 

I love the guy so much I went back to Sons of Anarchy and watched him on the show.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, THE DUKE said:

maxresdefault.jpg

RIP Legend

Dirty Work was a pretty stupid movie, and Norm wasn't a good actor...but it was still damn hilarious.  The bar scene and part where they were putting fish in the mafia house were so funny.   Norm and Chris Farley....two comedic titans.   :(

Edited by 43M

56 minutes ago, 43M said:

Dirty Work was a pretty stupid movie, and Norm wasn't a good actor...but it was still damn hilarious.  The bar scene and part where they were putting fish in the mafia house were so funny.   Norm and Chris Farley....two comedic titans.   :(

What I like about Dirty Work is that it 100% doesn't take itself seriously.  Barely meets the standards of storytelling, the entire movie is just set ups for gags and one liners and it embraces that and does it well.  It's not a very good movie, but I always laugh when I watch it, which beats a lot of the comedies being released nowadays.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

What I like about Dirty Work is that it 100% doesn't take itself seriously.  Barely meets the standards of storytelling, the entire movie is just set ups for gags and one liners and it embraces that and does it well.  It's not a very good movie, but I always laugh when I watch it, which beats a lot of the comedies being released nowadays.

100% agreed.    

I still think its great, but its closer to an extremely long skit than it is a traditional movie.

14 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

yep.

norm doesnt even try to act, which is part of the charm

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

turned on lethal weapon 4 in the middle, and have watched 10 mins so far and its boringly terrible

I caught LW1 on the other night. I watched the last 45 minutes of it and then 2 was on right after. Those two are great, especially 1. Those movies just got worse as they kept being made. 1 is a classic though

19 hours ago, Malfatron said:

turned on lethal weapon 4 in the middle, and have watched 10 mins so far and its boringly terrible

It's a fun watch. The action and fight sequences with Jet Li are awesome. Rene Russo right in her prime, Uncle Benny scenes were funny as hell. I liked the storyline with the Triads. I usually watch it whenever I catch it on TV

On 9/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I remember feeling like this movie was unoriginal and trying to harp off other similar genre movies, same way I felt about Lawless (in the particular the bad guy in it felt like a poor man’s Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds) but I’ll have to watch it again