What movie are you watching?

Forge

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

It's a fun watch. The action and fight sequences with Jet Li are awesome. Rene Russo right in her prime, Uncle Benny scenes were funny as hell. I liked the storyline with the Triads. I usually watch it whenever I catch it on TV

i turned it on in the dialougue scene with Riggs and Rene Russo.

it was pretty brutal

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watching silver lining playlist, first time since it came out. 

Bradley Cooper got robbed, he should have won an Oscar for that role.  Yes, over DDL for Lincoln.  Chastain should have won best actress for Zero Dark Thirty over Lawrence as well.  I thought Cooper was far better in SLP than Lawrence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Bradley Cooper got robbed, he should have won an Oscar for that role.  Yes, over DDL for Lincoln.  Chastain should have won best actress for Zero Dark Thirty over Lawrence as well.  I thought Cooper was far better in SLP than Lawrence.

I fully thought Lawrence didn’t deserve an Oscar for that. I don’t know if overall any aspect of that movie deserved oscars. It’s a romcom the delves deep into mental illness. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shockwave said:

It's a fun watch. The action and fight sequences with Jet Li are awesome. Rene Russo right in her prime, Uncle Benny scenes were funny as hell. I liked the storyline with the Triads. I usually watch it whenever I catch it on TV

Chris Rock and Joe Pesci are hilarious in it. The drive thru bit is legendary. 

I recently watched Once upon a Time in America, and I didn't care too much for it.  It wasn't horrible, but I found it disappointing.  I might like it better if I saw it again, but it's nearly 4 hours long, so rewatchibility isn't high.  One thing that aggravated me about it was the timeline going back and forth from DeNiro in his teens to his 50s to his 30s, etc.  I think I would have liked it more if it was told from beginning to end or if DeNiro was telling the story to someone.  I was invested if the movie stayed on a specific timeline for a period of time, but I personally didn't like the constant back and forth. 

Also Spoiler(I guess) but was the movie a dream?  An opium flashback?  Something else?  Was the audience suppose to think it was one of those things?  Gangster films are rarely like that. 

Like I said I may like it more if I saw it a second time, but it'll be a long time before I watch it again. 

11 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I recently watched Once upon a Time in America, and I didn't care too much for it.  It wasn't horrible, but I found it disappointing.  I might like it better if I saw it again, but it's nearly 4 hours long, so rewatchibility isn't high.  One thing that aggravated me about it was the timeline going back and forth from DeNiro in his teens to his 50s to his 30s, etc.  I think I would have liked it more if it was told from beginning to end or if DeNiro was telling the story to someone.  I was invested if the movie stayed on a specific timeline for a period of time, but I personally didn't like the constant back and forth. 

Also Spoiler(I guess) but was the movie a dream?  An opium flashback?  Something else?  Was the audience suppose to think it was one of those things?  Gangster films are rarely like that. 

Like I said I may like it more if I saw it a second time, but it'll be a long time before I watch it again. 

I watched that once in my teens and have never felt the urge to revisit it.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay, my wife and I just decided to watch Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle because it was just on and... that was actually pretty good. I laughed a lot more than I was expecting. I'll def check out the sequel. 

I enjoyed that as well, but I haven't checked out the sequel yet.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay, my wife and I just decided to watch Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle because it was just on and... that was actually pretty good. I laughed a lot more than I was expecting. I'll def check out the sequel. 

They are both good.

• Like 1