What movie are you watching?

Forge

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay, my wife and I just decided to watch Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle because it was just on and... that was actually pretty good. I laughed a lot more than I was expecting. I'll def check out the sequel. 

I remember when I first watched it, I was shocked by how much I liked it. Really good and funny movie

I watched last action hero today...I remember how this bombed back then and I have to say, it's pretty fun. I feel like maybe this was just a decade early or something. 

There are definitely some pieces that aged poorly, but when I was watching it, I really couldn't figure out why everyone hated it back then

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I watched last action hero today...I remember how this bombed back then and I have to say, it's pretty fun. I feel like maybe this was just a decade early or something. 

There are definitely some pieces that she'd poorly, but when I was watching it, I really couldn't figure out why everyone hated it back then

I haven't seen it in a long time, but even back as a little kid I knew it was a parody of itself. I always really enjoyed it. I too am surprised it bombed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven't seen it in a long time, but even back as a little kid I knew it was a parody of itself. I always really enjoyed it. I too am surprised it bombed. 

exactly how I feel.. I loved that movie when I was young, and I also haven't seen it forever. 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

There are definitely some pieces that aged poorly, but when I was watching it, I really couldn't figure out why everyone hated it back then

I liked it when I saw it back then, and I liked it when I watched it again a few years ago. My only guess as to why people didn’t like it is that they might have been expecting just another Arnold action movie.

Edited by JohnChimpo
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 6:56 AM, MikeT14 said:

I believe it was released the same weekend as this movie no one heard of: Jurassic Park.  Part of the reason why it bombed.  I haven't seen it in  along time but I remember enjoying it as a teenager.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 1:32 AM, Forge said:

I never watched it when I was younger because I always heard it sucked.    

Still haven't seen it, but I want to after watching various reviews of it over the years.    

9 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I believe it was released the same weekend as this movie no one heard of: Jurassic Park.  Part of the reason why it bombed.  I haven't seen it in  along time but I remember enjoying it as a teenager.

Oh wow, looks like it was the weekend after JP (BoxOfficeMojo has them at June 11th and June 18th), but still nonetheless, interesting trivia. That definitely affected it as word of mouth carried.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, Forge said:

I have spoken at length about this movie and it is the best action satire ever made.

Wildly misunderstood at the time of its release, I remember I was about 10 the first time I saw it and I loved it, understood the nods and the references, raved about it and my dad was like, “That movie was the worst movie I ever saw.”

He didn’t understand what satire is.

John McTiernan directed three, almost four legitimately perfect movies.

This is one of them.

Thankfully, it has been gaining a much greater appreciation over the years. Just five-ish years ago it had a 5.6 rating on IMDB. That has since made a climb all the way up to 6.4, which is proof that it is a timeless movie and will only continue to appreciate over time.

The fact it has an obnoxious kid in it, and that the kid even addresses the fact that he is the obnoxious kid, in a Schwarzenegger movie…

It’s just…

It’s legitimately a perfect movie.

• Like 2