What movie are you watching?

Forge

It’s funny how books and movies diverge. Authors will dive deep into a subject they aren’t a master on and study it until they can sell that they are but movie writers just say **** it and put out the most obnoxious bs lol. Watching Replicas and it felt like they had a checklist of “will it look cool? Yeah. Is it believable? No. Is there an basis in scientific fact or knowledge on the subject? No. But will it look cool? Yeah”. The writing sucks so bad in this but I can’t turn away. 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s funny how books and movies diverge. Authors will dive deep into a subject they aren’t a master on and study it until they can sell that they are but movie writers just say **** it and put out the most obnoxious bs lol. Watching Replicas and it felt like they had a checklist of “will it look cool? Yeah. Is it believable? No. Is there an basis in scientific fact or knowledge on the subject? No. But will it look cool? Yeah”. The writing sucks so bad in this but I can’t turn away. 

I wonder how often actors know they’re in a dud and just have to go through with it anyway 

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I wonder how often actors know they’re in a dud and just have to go through with it anyway 

Movie is weird af. Dude trying to transfer human consciousness into a robot has his whole family die in a car accident that wasn’t his fault so he hides their bodies and tries to transplant them into robots and covers up their absences by messages all their friends and contacts as them and saying they’re okay lol. How are you supposed to root for the main character lol. This movie got an 11% on rotten tomatoes for a reason. I think my favorite part is them covering how risky it is not letting the upload get interrupted by a power outage but the dude has every light on in his house, even rooms he’s not in lol. 

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Edward Norton in The Italian Job.

He just oozes contempt for the material and at Mark Wahlberg as an actor.

He openly is mocking the movie the whole time throughout

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

There are alot of cases where actors had to agree to do movies they didnt want to do in order to get roles they DID want.     So chances are, there are many cases where actors knew they were in terrible movies but couldnt do much about it.    

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

this clip from Affleck’s commentary track for Armageddon is ******* hilarious!

I mean....Armageddon is kinda the movie that made Affleck a household name.     The movie was pretty bad, but I still remember how much attention he started getting after this.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I mean....Armageddon is kinda the movie that made Affleck a household name.     The movie was pretty bad, but I still remember how much attention he started getting after this.

Star-making role or not, it doesn’t mean he didn’t have a lousy experience making the movie. And it’s very rare to hear stars express such on a commentary track.  Michael Bay took shots at him during it too both of which were clearly recorded separately. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Star-making role or not, it doesn’t mean he didn’t have a lousy experience making the movie. And it’s very rare to hear stars express such on a commentary track.  Michael Bay took shots at him during it too both of which were clearly recorded separately. 

I dont disagree.  Just saying it was probably worth the lousy experience to propel him.

• Like 1