What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Kids wanted to watch Home Sweet Home Alone on Disney+ and it is want to stab myself in the eyes so I don't have to see this crap any more bad.

Should’ve had current day Macaulay Culkin playing a ten year old Kevin McAllister 

• Like 5

I watched Shang Chi yesterday. It was pretty decent, fighting scenes were well done. Some of the storyline felt like I was watching my player mode in an NBA 2k game and Shang Chi’s gf was insufferable. All in all 7/10

Edited by Ty21

Project X

I just rented this on Prime Video out of curiosity and really didn't much care for it. It's basically a poor man's Superbad with paper thin characters played by annoying kid actors who see practically NO consequences for any of the juvenile sh!t they pull in this movie (and believe me when I say, there's lots of it). Skinny white kid gets dragged into big party with wacky hijinks by sleazy sexist and homophobic friend and also there's a fat guy there. I (pretty much) literally just summed up the entire movie for you in one sentence without really spoiling anything. 😉 

Moreover, any sense of parody for said juvenile sh!t is tossed out the window by the found footage/first person cam throughout the movie, which I guess is the filmmakers' way of saying "you ARE supposed to take this sh!t seriously", and even that is ruined in the opening scene/gag.

And I'm no prude, either, the aforementioned Superbad, Tropic Thunder, Ted, Old School, The Hangover, Jackass 1-3, and Harold and Kumar/Borat/Deadpool 1 and 2 all did offensive comedy much, much better with characters you actually care about. Thisthis and this is how you pull off offensive/juvenile humor. Also this. This works, too, lmao. 🤣

Oh, and through no fault of the movie or the filmmakers, it also inspired a number of real life kinky teen parties (is that why the "do not attempt anything you're about to see in this movie" disclaimer appears in the opening, I wonder?). Great, now you're gonna have soccermoms saying "see? Videogames/movies DO cause violence". 🙄

Edited by KManX89

On 11/13/2021 at 8:00 PM, THE DUKE said:

Kids wanted to watch Home Sweet Home Alone on Disney+ and it is want to stab myself in the eyes so I don't have to see this crap any more bad.

Even after reading this, I still watched it with my kid. He liked it because he’s 4, but it’s straight up awful. I did like the kid from Jojo Rabbit’s performance though.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:07 AM, ET80 said:

The Outsiders: The Complete Novel.

The original was perhaps my favorite movie/book growing up. It's different watching it now - but I can't help but to remember how much I loved this movie as a child.

I rewatched this last year after reading Rob Lowe’s biography where he shared so much about the making of the film.  It was fascinating to read about.  And the movie held up nicely.  

Tbh The Ousiders and the music video for Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”  had me terrified of gang fights and brawls as a kid lol. 

• Like 1