What movie are you watching?

Forge

I do not like Mel Brooks

Blazing Saddles is decent, mostly due to the two leads

spaceballs: maybe aspects of that are good, mostly because i saw it 100 times when i was 10

Everything else i saw was trash, epecially that terrible cary elwes movie @Ozzy

but there were a couple i hadnt before

and a big one

Young Frankenstein.

i saw it yesterday.

i. loved it.

By far the best Mel brooks movie

the "dad joke" thing everpresent in all his movie happend only a couple noticable times

but i was really captivated by it

the opening scene mesmorized me, and it was really funny, and best yet, the comedy wasnt done via punchlines

it was due to things that happened in the plot of the movie.

Such such such a good movie, especially when i was priming to **** on it

Gene Wilders best role if you ask me. subtle enough with great comedic timing

Young Frankenstein is probably my 2nd favorite comedy of the 1970s after The Jerk

also: Terri Garr >>>> Audrey Hepburn

• Like 1

Last Night in Soho was... interesting. First half was like Chicago second half turned into full on psychological horror. I love set timepiece movies like this. Seeing London in the mid 1960's compared to what it is today. Thomasin McKenzie really impressed me I really loved her in Old as well. Promising young actress with alot of range. Unfortunately I figured out the end twists before they happened so I wasn't all that blown away by the ending. But overall it was a great watch. I recommend. 

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I do not like Mel Brooks

spaceballs: maybe aspects of that are good, mostly because i saw it 100 times when i was 10

and a big one

Young Frankenstein.

i saw it yesterday.

i. loved it.

the "dad joke" thing everpresent in all his movie happend only a couple noticable times

the opening scene mesmorized me, and it was really funny, and best yet, the comedy wasnt done via punchlines

Young Frankenstein is probably my 2nd favorite comedy of the 1970s after The Jerk

Yes I agree The Princess Bride with Cary Elwes is an awful film, no doubt about it.  You just saw Young Frankenstein yesterday?  I do not know how that is possible, it is funny but not sure it is better than Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Blazing Saddles overall.

Teri Garr is absolute garbage pile to Audrey Hepburn, Teri Garr?  How about no.  Just look at how they aged in life, one is a true iconic beauty that lasts, the other was just benefiting off being in a decent film once or twice but overall could not physically hold up over time.  To compare the two is a joke, Audrey would destroy her in every way.

gettyimages-457827852-copy.jpg

ef45cd39d48685042245483f1de110d0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

is funny but not sure it is better than Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Blazing Saddles overall.

Its my 2nd favorite comedy. I didnt say objectively best.

Also, its a bit disingenuous to show the pictures 50 years later.

sometimes beauty burns too fast that its consumed quickly.

Not the case from the dork in the 2nd picture

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKSpYKCY0Qf7sgh0UU9lJ

TELEMMGLPICT000174241555_trans_NvBQzQNjv

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its my 2nd favorite comedy. I didnt say objectively best.

Also, its a bit disingenuous to show the pictures 50 years later.

sometimes beauty burns too fast that its consumed quickly.

Not the case from the dork in the 2nd picture

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKSpYKCY0Qf7sgh0UU9lJ

TELEMMGLPICT000174241555_trans_NvBQzQNjv

So are you saying that smile from Audrey is not adorable?  How in the world is that? 

Sure Teri Garr is pretty in her prime, I am saying what the hell is that?  If you are truly gorgeous you are beautiful your entire life!  Teri Garr is the Rex Grossman of Hollywood actresses, sure she was pretty and decent for a little bit but ultimately no one really cares or remembers her,  Audrey Hepburn is like Tom Brady, great all the time up until the end and clearly remembered.  

Just like Colleen Camp, how can you go from this...

maxresdefault.jpg

to this?  It is like an insult to all Mankind.  

Colleen_Camp_(crop,_2018).jpg

colleen-camp.gif

Just like Avril Lavigne, is she still pretty now?  Yeah she absolutely is!  So she is legit where other girls come and go including their looks so they are just fakes.  Some need to be seen in a time machine because they fade so quickly and that is just sad.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I do not like Mel Brooks

and a big one

Young Frankenstein.

i saw it yesterday.

i. loved it.

Pretty sure the movie was Gene Wilder’s idea originally, and he asked Mel to co-write and direct. According to Wikipedia, Mel Brooks agrees with you that it’s his finest film by far. I actually just watched it last month for the first time since I was a kid, and I agree. Blazing Saddles is much funnier to me, but Young Frankenstein is a better movie.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So are you saying that smile from Audrey is not adorable?  How in the world is that? 

Sure Teri Garr is pretty in her prime, I am saying what the hell is that?  If you are truly gorgeous you are beautiful your entire life!  Teri Garr is the Rex Grossman of Hollywood actresses, sure she was pretty and decent for a little bit but ultimately no one really cares or remembers her,  Audrey Hepburn is like Tom Brady, great all the time up until the end and clearly remembered.  

Just like Colleen Camp, how can you go from this...

maxresdefault.jpg

to this?  It is like an insult to all Mankind.  

Colleen_Camp_(crop,_2018).jpg

colleen-camp.gif

Just like Avril Lavigne, is she still pretty now?  Yeah she absolutely is!  So she is legit where other girls come and go including their looks so they are just fakes.  Some need to be seen in a time machine because they fade so quickly and that is just sad.  

Totally agree about Colleen Camp. I watched Clue recently and wondered what she looked like now. Unbelievable.

BUT Teri Garr was hot in Young Frankenstein. I was shocked when I realized it was her after having already seen her in later movies.

Edited by JohnChimpo

2 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Totally agree about Colleen Camp. I watched Clue recently and wondered what she looked like now. Unbelievable.

BUT Teri Garr was hot in Young Frankenstein. I was shocked when I realized it was her after having already seen her in later movies.

Teri Garr is pretty in young Frankenstein but who really cares, she has little to no staying power.  Kind of like Robyn Hilton in Blazing Saddles, sure she is hot in that movie but has zero staying power long term so they are both kind of amateur hour.  Teri Garr could at least act unlike Robyn Hilton but both faded quickly over time.

There is a reason why people buy Audrey Hepburn posters and photos to this day, she is gorgeous and an icon.  Teri Garr is absolutely not that.  

Or say Ingrid Bergman, she is a flat out beauty.  Compare her to Teri Garr and well Garr is not even on the same planet in terms of appearance or flat out acting skill.   

7665402598_7301d0ac1d_b.jpg

5e5927650e3a6742910366cc9ca4496c.jpg

Ingrid_Bergman_in_Dr._Jekyll_and_Mr._Hyd

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Teri Garr is pretty in young Frankenstein but who really cares, she has little to no staying power.  Kind of like Robyn Hilton in Blazing Saddles, sure she is hot in that movie but has zero staying power long term so they are both kind of amateur hour.  Teri Garr could at least act unlike Robyn Hilton but both faded quickly over time.

There is a reason why people buy Audrey Hepburn posters and photos to this day, she is gorgeous and an icon.  Teri Garr is absolutely not that.  

Or say Ingrid Bergman, she is a flat out beauty.  Compare her to Teri Garr and well Garr is not even on the same planet in terms of appearance or flat out acting skill.   

7665402598_7301d0ac1d_b.jpg

5e5927650e3a6742910366cc9ca4496c.jpg

Ingrid_Bergman_in_Dr._Jekyll_and_Mr._Hyd

Yeah ok, but I still stand by my statement.

There is not a single action movie which sets up the main character as well as John Wick does. The Russian, or whatever, mob boss scene setting him up to his son is about as good as it gets.

"You will do nothing because you can do nothing. Now get the **** out of my sight."

JW is the best action film saga there is and it's unquestionable.

Edited by beekay414

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There is not a single action movie which sets up the main character as well as John Wick does. The Russian, or whatever, mob boss scene setting him up to his son is about as good as it gets.

"You will do nothing because you can do nothing. Now get the **** out of my sight."

JW is the best action film saga there is and it's unquestionable.

Yeah. I always thought they needed a prequel showing Jon wick doing impossible tasks to build up that russian’s empire. Oh well. 

• Like 1