What movie are you watching?

Forge

0e41a917fb9975ec33fb865dc6ca9399.gif

Finally got around to watching Law Abiding Citizen.  Overall, it's a very good movie, but it could have been great.  The first 70 minutes or so were phenomenal but there are a decent few mis-steps in the last 40 minutes that sort of betray the excellent beginning.  All in all great performances all around though, and a movie i'd recommend to anyone who likes suspense.

A-

• Like 4

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's up there but I like Children of Men (the true best Sci-Fi movie of the 21st century), Snowpiercer, Interstellar, Edge of Tomorrow and Minority Report more.

Wasn't a huge fan of Snowpiercer, but the rest of those are excellent. I'm sticking with Looper, but i'd have Children of Men next in a close call.

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Ex Machina for me

Haven't seen it

Edited by THE DUKE

Hustlers on Hulu - Constance Wu and Jennifer Lopez retell the true story of strippers in NY who decide to game their Wall Street clients in the late 00s.

I showed up for Lopez and her famous booty working the pole - I stayed for an incredible story of how these dancers created a very elaborate Credit Card scam involving the corrupt people behind the market crash, a lot of ketamene, thigh high boots and MDMA. 

A very good movie, highly recommend.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, Malfatron said:
On 12/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, THE DUKE said:

original.gif

Looper is the best Sci-Fi movie of the 21st century.  That's right, I said it.

Ex Machina for me

I saw Looper for the first time last week. It was pretty decent but whatever they did to JGL’s face to try to make him look more like Bruce Willis was creepy. 

Im electing Interstellar, although I’m probably blanking on another good one. Like Chronicle 

45 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Is this good? Pops up on Amazon for me and I’ve thought about giving it a try.

i loved it as a kid and I was pleasantly surprised how funny it still is. A lot of satire and innuendos that I prolly didn’t pick up as a kid lol.  It’s got a good cast and Robert Urich was a big deal back then with him being the star of Spenser For Hire.  Mary Crosby is scorching hot in it my goodness she lit a fire in my middle school loins back then lol.  The time sequence in the final act holds up so well which was everyone’s favorite part of the film.  But the robots and VFX are low budget and really cheesy at times. I’m sure nostalgia overrides a lot of that for me but I don’t know how good it would be without that tbh.