What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:
1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I feel like I complain about movies a lot

I just started Old and the dialogue might be the worst I’ve seen in a movie since The Happening lol. It’s refreshing 

I’m only vaguely aware of the plot that’s being set up in this but I feel like Jordan Peele could’ve taken this movie for a ride

Awesome idea, horrible execution. The ending made no sense either. 

Went to the new Gasper Noe movie called Vortex and it’s maybe the most dull first hour of cinema I’ve ever seen. 2nd time I’ve ever walked out of movie. Now sitting outside waiting for it to finish because my ride is still inside lol 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:39 PM, Outpost31 said:

Love and Monsters holds up on second viewing.

A very solid 9/10 enjoyable movie.

Even if you’re not in love with monster movies like I am, I can’t see why this wouldn’t be at least a 7/10 for anyblduZ

keep meaning to watch that one

On 5/14/2022 at 3:09 AM, FinneasGage said:

it's really fantastic 10/10. you should finish it. maybe my favorite movie of 2021 

So i finished Titane, felt without the sci fi stupidness, there could have been a really good movie in there.  But the over the top stuff really sunk it for me

Watched Old last night.  I enjoyed it but definitely not a two watcher or something I'll remember down the road.  Typical M Night, awful dialogue, cool premise and some fun points, but also some yea thats stupid moments.  i'd rip on logic holes but quite frankly, its a beach that ages people so you kind of got to throw logic out the window to start. I'll give some credit that he at least attempted to make a reasonable explanation on why people were being sent there in the first place which many wouldn't

intro-1644243952.jpg

I'd only seen Murder on the Orient Express once so i'm not positive, but I think I liked Death on the Nile better despite it being a little less intricate.  It was a beautifully shot film with good direction from Branagh, and the cast must have had a blast hamming it up for this kind of story.  If you like murder mysteries at all, i'd recommend.

B

On 5/16/2022 at 9:42 AM, bcb1213 said:

So i finished Titane, felt without the sci fi stupidness, there could have been a really good movie in there.  But the over the top stuff really sunk it for me

felt like the over the topness with like ******* a car and essentially having a transformer origin story just make the girl seem so alien... makes the unconditional love from vincent londons character really hit that much harder imo. some people i saw it with were saying the same thing with it just being too much simply for shock factor or whatever, but would it have really hit if it's just some random lonely girl that's not a complete ******* maniac like she is in this lol? i dunno. i don't think so personally. at least for me it wouldn't have connected as much as it did. can't think of a movie i've seen that had me as excited with just like the debauchery and ridiculous violence and then actually was like ridiculously touching lol. but i get being taken out of it by that  

Old as others have said great idea, poor execution.  Feels like a claustrophobic thriller which is good.  The twist ending was dumb.  Nothing memorable in this.  5/10

Uncharted  I never played the game so I don't know if it's faithful to the games or not.   The movie was a fun silly adventure, nothing more.  There's double crosses, Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg are good but go through the motions.  Theres puzzles and cryptic clues to figure out where to go, what to get, etc.  It's fun for what it is, not much more.  6/10 

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

intro-1644243952.jpg

I'd only seen Murder on the Orient Express once so i'm not positive, but I think I liked Death on the Nile better despite it being a little less intricate.  It was a beautifully shot film with good direction from Branagh, and the cast must have had a blast hamming it up for this kind of story.  If you like murder mysteries at all, i'd recommend.

B

I did like Murder on the Orient better, but that said you're absolutely right, it was a beautifully shot film. 

15 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Old as others have said great idea, poor execution.  Feels like a claustrophobic thriller which is good.  The twist ending was dumb.  Nothing memorable in this.  5/10

Like most Shyamalan thrillers I appreciated it alot more the second viewing. When you know the end and see all the clues you missed the first time. Not his best but IMHO better the the likes of The Happening and Lady in the Water. The new post apocalyptic one one he's currently filming with Dave Bautista sounds interesting although the plot is still super secret.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:38 AM, FinneasGage said:

DeadManPoster.jpg

was gonna run thru jarmusch's movies like a year ago and started with the dead don't die and thought it was one of the worst movies i'd seen in a minute, so decided against that marathon. just decided to give his stuff another chance and started with this and it was pretty good. probably gonna go ahead and watch the rest of his **** over the next week 

I could not believe how much I hated that movie lol.

I looked up reactions to it afterwards too just to see how other people felt, and people were saying stuff like "absolutely belly-laughing hilarious".

Never have I been more disappointed in my fellow humans lol. No shot someone unironically loves that movie.

18 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

felt like the over the topness with like ******* a car and essentially having a transformer origin story just make the girl seem so alien... makes the unconditional love from vincent londons character really hit that much harder imo. some people i saw it with were saying the same thing with it just being too much simply for shock factor or whatever, but would it have really hit if it's just some random lonely girl that's not a complete ******* maniac like she is in this lol? i dunno. i don't think so personally. at least for me it wouldn't have connected as much as it did. can't think of a movie i've seen that had me as excited with just like the debauchery and ridiculous violence and then actually was like ridiculously touching lol. but i get being taken out of it by that  

If you take out the car stuff and the baby being like whatever the **** it is.  Does the story really change? She still could have been just the same maniac, and gotten to the same place.   

56 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:
On 5/11/2022 at 2:38 AM, FinneasGage said:

was gonna run thru jarmusch's movies like a year ago and started with the dead don't die and thought it was one of the worst movies i'd seen in a minute, so decided against that marathon. just decided to give his stuff another chance and started with this and it was pretty good. probably gonna go ahead and watch the rest of his **** over the next week 

I could not believe how much I hated that movie lol.

I looked up reactions to it afterwards too just to see how other people felt, and people were saying stuff like "absolutely belly-laughing hilarious".

Never have I been more disappointed in my fellow humans lol. No shot someone unironically loves that movie.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, Malfatron said:

The Dead Dont Die

fun, weird little movies.

i really like Bill Murray and especially Adam Driver in this.

A fun watch

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

We must have drastically different definitions of "fun" 

Yes, that seems to be the case

On 7/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, Ray Reed said:

A Goofy Movie is a top 3 disney movie of all time. Easily.

And maybe a top 15 movie soundtrack in general of all time.

Long live Powerline.