What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't disrespect Superbad like that. In fact, Superbad is the last great comedy. Ever since then, all comedy has tried to do is repeat it. Comedy movies died after Superbad.

Would add the Hangover after Superbad as far as a great comedy movie, but otherwise i agree 

Edited to add that i and my college buddies loved Step Brothers as well but i can see how it doesn't have the broad appeal of the previous 2 mentioned 

Edited by broncofan48

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't disrespect Superbad like that. In fact, Superbad is the last great comedy. Ever since then, all comedy has tried to do is repeat it. Comedy movies died after Superbad.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping are amazing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping are amazing.

Is the former a comedy? The latter was actually enjoyable despite not getting the best reviews. I’m kinda iffy on Hangover cause people overinflated it so much. Step brothers I’ve probably seen more times than Remember the Titans so idk if I care to ever go back lol

43 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Would add the Hangover after Superbad as far as a great comedy movie, but otherwise i agree 

Edited to add that i and my college buddies loved Step Brothers as well but i can see how it doesn't have the broad appeal of the previous 2 mentioned 

Hangover and Step Brothers are more of the same. They are fine but overall comedy is trash now. 

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Keep in mind, I'm super hard on comedy. Both stand-up and film. 

Same. Any and all of my ego resides in my own sense of humor and my hubris with it makes me very critical. And a little insufferable. 

• Like 1