What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 9/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Was able to see Dogma on YouTube after not belong able to for so many years, due to being held hostage. Still a good movie.

Must be an incredible movie if this is what you care about the most after getting kidnapped 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Hocus Pocus 2. First film is an all time favorite of mine 

what crap that film was, such a shame. Whole movie felt like a waste of time, and humanizing the sisters at the end was a poor choice.

I know i'm in the minority, but I don't really care for the first one either.

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's another 90s nostalgia movie that isn't actually good. 

It’s a Disney channel quality movie. You get what you get with it. 

I would agree with humanizing the witches at the end was the reason this movie couldn’t be done today. You didn’t have to make them compassionate and relatable. They sacrificed a kid to her death in the original lol. 

16 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I know i'm in the minority, but I don't really care for the first one either.

My fiancée really doesn’t care for it, there are more of you out there ha.

People have gotten visible upset of let hearing that.

Went to see Bros, was a bit disjointed and almost was satirical many times. But there was a ton of good laughs throughout.

I can’t hold the disjointedness to much against it though, it’s part of the genre. They don’t want to ever seem like they are one of THOSE rom-coms, but then have to do the core stuff. Flaky would be another way of putting it, it sometimes committed itself to being an Apatow style comedy…where it played more into the farce of life. Other times it would break reality to punchline a situation.

On top of that it casually dealt with serious and sad subjects from the tragic history of 20th century in particular queer culture. 
it was a lot in one movie, which when I saw Apatow produced it it made way more sense. But definitely committed to comedy more. 

Just now, kokichi said:

Never seen any Hocus Pocus and really, it can't be actually good can it?

It’s better than Halloweentown for whatever that’s worth, in the fact that it’s like a full movie.

It’s solid to good for what it is, but has 100% gotten overhyped as people grew up with it being their only Halloween movie they watch.

Just now, Kiltman said:

It’s better than Halloweentown for whatever that’s worth, in the fact that it’s like a full movie.

Not to be daft, but wtf is halloweentown.

Actually might as well not answer that.

The answer in my head is what you implicated. Nostalgic drivel that makes them remember and wish for youth.

8 minutes ago, kokichi said:

Not to be daft, but wtf is halloweentown.

Actually might as well not answer that.

The answer in my head is what you implicated. Nostalgic drivel that makes them remember and wish for youth.

It is a series of Disney Channel Original Movies, they are like super made for kids and don’t really hold up much beyond liking them when you were a kid.

Hocus Pocus works fine as a movie, it’s a kids movie that had the benefit of being from the 90s. So there is some adult humor layered in, there isn’t a bunch of stunt casting or using whatever annoying song was overplayed on the radio a previous summer multiple times. 

If you have a kid that you want to watch some Halloween stuff with better off with Hocus Pocus over a lot of other stuff in that subgenre.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It is a series of Disney Channel Original Movies, they are like super made for kids and don’t really hold up much beyond liking them when you were a kid.

Hocus Pocus works fine as a movie, it’s a kids movie that had the benefit of being from the 90s. So there is some adult humor layered in, there isn’t a bunch of stunt casting or using whatever annoying song was overplayed on the radio a previous summer multiple times. 

If you have a kid that you want to watch some Halloween stuff with better off with Hocus Pocus over a lot of other stuff in that subgenre.

I guess if you have a kid because they don't know any better and you can't give them bad content. A movie that's not unbearable could be palatable. But full grown adults just liking it? I just can't see it.