What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 11/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ty21 said:

Don’t worry darling was watchable for me but not good; no depth to characters and empty or abandoned parts that made no sense. Florence Pugh is cute in a girl-you-feel-like-you-know kind of way. It just felt like it left out so much that could’ve made a more compelling story besides incels holding women hostage in a simulation 

Yeah it feel really short, decent setup and intrigue.
But it decided to belabor everypoint multiple times instead of using thattime to do anything interesting.

The twist even didn't quite land. Everything was so half baked. The novelty of Harry Styles acting wore off as he was stretched past his limits. I like him, but I audibly laughed at some of his deliveries.

• Like 1

See How They Run was something to watch.  Neat set up with a murder happening on a set of a play.  An inspector and a constable are both investigating.  It's somewhat funny and has meta elements through out.  The secondary characters come and go and the reveal of the killer was underwhelming.  It felt more 'it was that person' over something more surprising.  It's not awful, it's something to watch but that's all.  If you miss this you're not missing much.  5/10

'

36 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

See How They Run was something to watch.  Neat set up with a murder happening on a set of a play.  An inspector and a constable are both investigating.  It's somewhat funny and has meta elements through out.  The secondary characters come and go and the reveal of the killer was underwhelming.  It felt more 'it was that person' over something more surprising.  It's not awful, it's something to watch but that's all.  If you miss this you're not missing much.  5/10

'

I just watched this last night. I have essentially the exact same feelings. I liked Rockwell (who doesn't?), But outside of him it was simply fine.

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Barbarian

I went in to this with pretty high hopes giving the high score(for a horror movie) on imdb and overall good reviews but...what? It has solid acting but the plot literally makes no sense. Even them trying to explain it in the end makes no sense. I'm so confused.

Yeah goes downhill after Long’s character shows up.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ty21 said:

Don’t worry darling was watchable for me but not good; no depth to characters and empty or abandoned parts that made no sense. Florence Pugh is cute in a girl-you-feel-like-you-know kind of way. It just felt like it left out so much that could’ve made a more compelling story besides incels holding women hostage in a simulation 

these never disappoint 

Lio (formerly Analeigh) Tipton came out as queer and non-binary, then married a man. My brain is too small to understand what that means and why this wouldn’t just be considered a Hetero marriage with more words. 

But I digress. Watched Warm Bodies (2013). 10/10. my favorite part was the part where I had a crush on Teresa Palmer and Analeigh Tipton back then. 

11 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I had no idea he had anything to do with it but now I need to watch it. I'll support anything the WKUK guys do. 

Yeah he directed it, and its really well done.

They definitely hit what they were going for

His first solo movie, and I was surprised to learn that he directed it, but im looking forward to more