What movie are you watching?

Forge

Don't Worry Darling was just ok.  Set in the 50s, the men work while the women stay at home doing the cleaning, cooking, shopping, etc. at a place called Victory.  Alice(Florence Pugh) thinks something more is going on.  Interesting concept, and Chris Pine was good as the villain.  But the reveal of what's going on was underwhelming.  The twist also felt it was almost a throwaway as opposed to something mind blowing.  This might be better on multiple viewings.  As a one time watch, this gets 6/10

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The Truman Show

This is an amazing movie. Powerhouse performance from Carrey. Harris was great. Love how prophetic the movie was about the future of television.

I bet Truman was able to sue and make millions from the studio.

On my list of flawless movies.

Of which there are currently only 29.

It has kept its spot on multiple rewatches and I’d say there are maybe 20 locks that would never leave Certified Outpost Flawless status. It’s one of them.

• Like 1

Significant Other.

Watching it on Paramount Plus and it’s a major slow burn, but at 49 minutes in I just got super hyped.

This is either going to be a movie I love or a movie that was meh with one minute of greatness.

Lol. Not greatness, but weird and I liked it.

Really weird. 

Edited by Outpost31

Indie horror/ sci fi movies have to STOP ADDING TEN MINUTES OF THEIR RUNTIME BY HAVING OUT OF FOCUS LENSE FLAIRS OF THE WOODS OR ROCKS OR ******* BUGS!

If you do not have enough plot to make your idea 90 minutes, do not make your idea.

All you are doing is KILLING YOUR ******* PACING.

48 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Can we please get another Jump Street movie?

Those movies are interesting because about 70% of the actual comedy in them is bad and misses the mark, but that 30% that does work and the base dynamic/chemistry between Tatum and Hill is pretty enjoyable.

One of the few modern comedy franchises I've found palatable. Wouldn't mind a couple more offerings. 

TREMORS!

I have a deep love for these classic works, and am well overdue for a rewatch.. We ran through the first 2 last night. Reba (and her accent that has always sounded fake as %$&# to me) is sorely missed in the second installment but no matter because Michael Gross is a god damn superstar.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:33 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Power Rangers the movie in honor of JDF

To this day I can remember basically that entire movie start to finish and its easily been 20 years since I watched it. Grew up idolizing JDF, my most prized possessions were my white ranger sword (still have it, but batteries corroded and it doesn't talk), and my white/green ranger zords.

My son cares not about Power Rangers but I will force him to watch that.. maybe even find Turbo, too 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, adamq said:

TREMORS!

I have a deep love for these classic works, and am well overdue for a rewatch.. We ran through the first 2 last night. Reba (and her accent that has always sounded fake as %$&# to me) is sorely missed in the second installment but no matter because Michael Gross is a god damn superstar.

Second one holds up as a fun follow up, but everything after two misses the mark.

Entire series needs a big budget reboot.

One of the better tongue-in-cheek horror comedies of all time.

If you’re stumped on what to watch after Tremors 2, just go with Deep Rising.

• Like 1