What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Okay I'll bite. What are the 29? I know that one of them per you would be The Thing, correct?

Glad you asked.

In no order:

The Hunt for Red October, The Matrix, Hacksaw Ridge, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Cabin in the Woods, The Conjuring, A Quiet Place, No Country for Old Men, Empire Strikes Back, The Innocents (1961), Dumb and Dumber, Jurassic Park, The Princess Bride, Last Action Hero, The Mummy (1999), Hot Fuzz, The Truman Show, Sneakers, The Big Lebowski, Tombstone, Die Hard, The Thing (1982), Once Upon a Time in the West,  Inglourious Basterds, Predator, The Prestige, The Wizard of Oz, Terminator 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Glad you asked.

In no order:

The Hunt for Red October, The Matrix, Hacksaw Ridge, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Cabin in the Woods, The Conjuring, A Quiet Place, No Country for Old Men, Empire Strikes Back, The Innocents (1961), Dumb and Dumber, Jurassic Park, The Princess Bride, Last Action Hero, The Mummy (1999), Hot Fuzz, The Truman Show, Sneakers, The Big Lebowski, Tombstone, Die Hard, The Thing (1982), Once Upon a Time in the West,  Inglourious Basterds, Predator, The Prestige, The Wizard of Oz, Terminator 2.

The bold I emphatically agree with.

Movies I like in the mix but wouldn't call flawless:

A Quiet Place

The Mummy

Dumb and Dumber

The Prestige (I love that movie though)

Predator

Last Action Hero

Movies I haven't seen:

Hacksaw Ridge

Movies I don't personally care for as much:

No country for old men

The Truman Show (I still show it in sociology, but I'm not a Jim Carey fan at all)

The Wizard of Oz (I absolutely hate this musical/movie)

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Second one holds up as a fun follow up, but everything after two misses the mark.

Entire series needs a big budget reboot.

One of the better tongue-in-cheek horror comedies of all time.

If you’re stumped on what to watch after Tremors 2, just go with Deep Rising.

Don’t think I’ve seen any after 2.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The bold I emphatically agree with.

Movies I like in the mix but wouldn't call flawless:

A Quiet Place

The Mummy

Dumb and Dumber

The Prestige (I love that movie though)

Predator

Last Action Hero

Movies I haven't seen:

Hacksaw Ridge

Movies I don't personally care for as much:

No country for old men

The Truman Show (I still show it in sociology, but I'm not a Jim Carey fan at all)

The Wizard of Oz (I absolutely hate this musical/movie)

The last point on my rating system is my personal preference. It’s why you see a majority of Westerns, horror and sci fi.

My objective list looks a lot different. For example, Pitch Black has been on my list a couple times before. Can’t in good conscience keep it on there.

The Wizard of Oz makes the list because it is the only musical I have ever thoroughly enjoyed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The last point on my rating system is my personal preference. It’s why you see a majority of Westerns, horror and sci fi.

My objective list looks a lot different. For example, Pitch Black has been on my list a couple times before. Can’t in good conscience keep it on there.

The Wizard of Oz makes the list because it is the only musical I have ever thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm not a huge horror guy but I love Westerns. Personally, the Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns are fantastic and 3:10 to Yuma is about as close to flawless as it gets on the modern screen within the last 15 or so years.

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Those movies are interesting because about 70% of the actual comedy in them is bad and misses the mark, but that 30% that does work and the base dynamic/chemistry between Tatum and Hill is pretty enjoyable.

One of the few modern comedy franchises I've found palatable. Wouldn't mind a couple more offerings. 

See, I don't think it misses at all lol. I've seen those movies countless times and still laugh like a damn kid every time I watch them. I will admit I'm very immature though so that absolutely has something to do w/ it

@Malfatron did you catch banshees yet man? i saw it for a 2nd time yesterday. kinda just anticipating the stream so i can throw on subs because i was struggling during some parts lol. thought this one kinda lacked the spark of his other movies, but i wasn't mad at the pace. liked sitting with the characters. think seven psycho's is still my favorite of the bunch. think seven is tier 1 and then the other 3 are kinda just interchangeable depending on mood in tier 2 for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:

@Malfatron did you catch banshees yet man? i saw it for a 2nd time yesterday. kinda just anticipating the stream so i can throw on subs because i was struggling during some parts lol. thought this one kinda lacked the spark of his other movies, but i wasn't mad at the pace. liked sitting with the characters. think seven psycho's is still my favorite of the bunch. think seven is tier 1 and then the other 3 are kinda just interchangeable depending on mood in tier 2 for me. 

For me In Bruges/ seven psychos are a dead heat

I liked three billboards but its a big notch down.

I dont have high expectations for this new onebeing a game changer, but like you said, it feels like a hangout movie and im good with that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Glad you asked.

In no order:

Missing Michael Clayton

I’ve always loved Justin Long. There are a few actors I’ll watch movies just cause they’re in it. Been listening to his podcast lately and it made me want to watch an old ~2010’s comedy. Going the Distance had a wealth of good comedic actors (Long, Sudeikis, Day, Barrymore, Applegate, Gaffigan) but the movie had no direction lol. There were a couple cheap laughs but overall it was a movie made just because it could be made lol. 

• Like 1