What movie are you watching?

Forge

I always preferred The Neverending Story 2 to the first when I was a kid and I can see why. Lots more cool stuff in the second one than the first one. I haven’t watched this movie in… 25 years? 26? But the nostalgia I’m feeling now is insane.

It’s a terrible movie. Horrible. But I’m able to endure it solely due to the nostalgia aspect.

The original still holds up though. If there’s anything that needs a reboot, it’s this franchise.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I always preferred The Neverending Story 2 to the first when I was a kid and I can see why. Lots more cool stuff in the second one than the first one. I haven’t watched this movie in… 25 years? 26? But the nostalgia I’m feeling now is insane.

It’s a terrible movie. Horrible. But I’m able to endure it solely due to the nostalgia aspect.

The original still holds up though. If there’s anything that needs a reboot, it’s this franchise.

I remember watching the 3rd film, but have no recollection of the 2nd. I’ll have to go and do a rewatch of the films at some point.

Watching National Treasure 2, and while it’s a decent film. I just can’t get over the plot point where the president says “200 people know you held me hostage” when the president could’ve just said the door closed behind him. Seeing as he tells Gates  about the book, and even to look at a certain page in it for him.

i know he says it at the end but he could’ve said it when it happened.

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Barry Keoghan is excellent in banshees. Kerry Condon too.

Obviously the 2 leads too. 

Its a fine movie. Perfect movie to watxh when you just want to be lazy

I searched “inisherin” on here to see if anyone posted about the movie and it got zero hits but I see you found a way to circumvent my search. 

I really liked the movie. It was odd but enjoyable. A fascinating nothingness about boring lives. Another of those watch one time types. 

• Like 1

I finally watched Bullet Train earlier today. I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I found all of the characters to be great for the most part. I feel like I should have sympathized with The Wolf but I couldn't. I have an irrational dislike of anything Bad Bunny. Loved the rest of the cast though and enjoyed the cameos. I wish the Conductor had a bigger part. Felt like he could've been used more.

I'd probably give it a 7.5/10.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I searched “inisherin” on here to see if anyone posted about the movie and it got zero hits but I see you found a way to circumvent my search. 

I really liked the movie. It was odd but enjoyable. A fascinating nothingness about boring lives. Another of those watch one time types. 

i was talking bout it earlier. just caught it with subs and it hit harder for me. i think it's my second favorite mcdonagh now

On 11/30/2022 at 9:19 PM, FinneasGage said:

@Malfatron did you catch banshees yet man? i saw it for a 2nd time yesterday. kinda just anticipating the stream so i can throw on subs because i was struggling during some parts lol. thought this one kinda lacked the spark of his other movies, but i wasn't mad at the pace. liked sitting with the characters. think seven psycho's is still my favorite of the bunch. think seven is tier 1 and then the other 3 are kinda just interchangeable depending on mood in tier 2 for me. 

• Like 1

bardo was really cool. didn't love it like i thought i would when my friends were raving about it, but it was definitely memorable and one i'll revisit soon. some incredible shots/lines and moments that will stay with me, but a lot of moments where i wasn't engaged. recommend if you like surrealist **** and can stomach pretty dull stretches to get to a pretty beautiful ending. honestly sitting on it now, i think i'll probably enjoy it even more on rewatch. 

also watched triangle of sadness. first and second acts are a ton of fun. really loved everything that happens once everyone's on the yacht and was thinking this might be like a top 3 movie of 2022 for me. third act was a little less exciting for me. still good though. liked the ending. really solid movie. was looking at the cast and the main female star of the movie died from some random health **** at the age of 32 like right when the movie came out. pretty crazy. i was thinking damn i bet i'm gonna see this girl in a bunch of stuff now and then got hit with that. great performances from everyone tho

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

also watched triangle of sadness. first and second acts are a ton of fun. really loved everything that happens once everyone's on the yacht and was thinking this might be like a top 3 movie of 2022 for me. third act was a little less exciting for me. still good though. liked the ending. really solid movie. was looking at the cast and the main female star of the movie died from some random health **** at the age of 32 like right when the movie came out. pretty crazy. i was thinking damn i bet i'm gonna see this girl in a bunch of stuff now and then got hit with that. great performances from everyone tho

Ya man, thats just so sad. 32 years old, went to the hospital feeling ill and died hours later. Guess she was in a car accident in 2008 and had her spleen removed which makes you more prone for infection or something but still, jesus. 

Lifes short - hope all the dorks in this thread are healthy and happy.