What movie are you watching?

Forge

16 hours ago, adamq said:

Just finished Glass Onion.. didn't come close to Knives Out for me. Way too predictable. The wife and I both called various "twists"

Honestly, and I may be giving Rian Johnson too much credit here, but I think that was the point of this one. Blanc made references entirely too often to stupidity or simpleness in this one for me not to think that it wasn't somewhat intentional.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, and I may be giving Rian Johnson too much credit here, but I think that was the point of this one. Blanc made references entirely too often to stupidity or simpleness in this one for me not to think that it wasn't somewhat intentional.

Yeah it was definitely the theme.

I enjoyed it more than Knives Out tbh, and i would look forward to an installment every couple years

• Like 2

Elf and Grinch today. Both are among my fav Christmas movies, probably because they came out when I was little. I tasked the kids with choosing between Grinch, Polar Express, and A Christmas Story before bedtime and they went with grinch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If you can't take an obvious joke on the interwebs, you're probably outpost

If you call what you said a joke because you just spent 10 minutes confirming that Gary Oldman is NOT underrated and had no recourse because you realized Gary Oldman is not the most overrated, but most underrated actor, you’re probably beekay.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Rewatched "everything, everywhere..."

Absolutely holds up. Probably my favorite movie of the year. Funny, beautiful, visually stunning, creative. 

i thought i was gonna love it. found it really repetitive and tiresome. jokes didn't resonate with me. felt quirky just to be quirky type humor, like network-tv allowed to be raunchy. but i really didn't like swiss army man either, so i think the daniels just aren't my thing. i didn't mind the death of d!ck long though... nothing special, but probably my favorite movie of one of theirs lol. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you call what you said a joke because you just spent 10 minutes confirming that Gary Oldman is NOT underrated and had no recourse because you realized Gary Oldman is not the most overrated, but most underrated actor, you’re probably beekay.

If you're just a miserable soul who takes everything entirely too seriously, you're probably outpost.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you’re sick of this, you’re probably Outpost.

If you have to get the last word in and never let anything go, you're also probably outpost

oh and if you get sick of something you started, you're also probably outpost

Edited by beekay414