What movie are you watching?

Forge

Rewatched the original Mighty Ducks not super long ago. It’s interesting how many of those Disney movies growing up were really about the adult redemptive story arc that I never caught on until now.

Gordon Bombay is a damaged guy who will do whatever it takes to win and is a slimy lawyer who has actually turned into the same version of his former Hawks coach who he hated/hates now. It really does an incredible job of showing the profound impact of modeling (con and pro) with the loss of a father/father figure during one’s formative years and the subsequent search for that.

When he’s looking at the newspaper clipping in Hans’s shop and Hans says “I wish you didn’t stop playing” and Gordon says “Yeah I was good”, with Hans replying “No, you loved to PLAY the game”…it just really delivers the entire dichotomy. You have perspective, why Gordon loved hockey/what the point is of playing squarely against Reilly, the horrible example figure he’s trying to appease and please all those years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Thats very true too. I hate those movie that try to be shlock B movies like sharknado

The Visit and the Happening are his other fun ones

Only Unbreakable was legitly good.

Sixth Sense was pretty meh until the legitimately good twist, but on the whole, not a good movie throughout. Retroactively good.

I have only seen a little of the first Sharknado... not interested. 

I loved Unbreakable and thought Sixth Sense was good too. 

the Happening was just amazing. for a movie that was trying to have a serious point, so many laugh out loud moments. 

I watched Good Will Hunting for the first time last night, it was great.  I can see why Robin Williams won the oscar for best supporting character.  Matt Damon was also great in this.  I see a lot of his character in me.  I can't believe I waited this long to see this.  10/10

The Sting was also great.  Set in the 30s, Paul Newman and Robert Redford star as con artists who try to scam a big time gangster who killed Redfords friend and partner.  This movie is fun.  Like a lot of movies about con artists, it's fun to see not only what, but how their plan unfolds.  Newman and Redford are great together, this is a good fun movie.  10/10 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I watched Good Will Hunting for the first time last night, it was great.  I can see why Robin Williams won the oscar for best supporting character.  Matt Damon was also great in this.  I see a lot of his character in me.  I can't believe I waited this long to see this.  10/10

The Sting was also great.  Set in the 30s, Paul Newman and Robert Redford star as con artists who try to scam a big time gangster who killed Redfords friend and partner.  This movie is fun.  Like a lot of movies about con artists, it's fun to see not only what, but how their plan unfolds.  Newman and Redford are great together, this is a good fun movie.  10/10 

Are you a math genius janitor that got stabbed by his foster dad?

Saw Creed III. It was solid but, as someone that's a major boxing fan, I just can't take out the lack of realism in setting up these fights nor the constant power shots and injuries lol.

Spoiler

I'm like "when the hell did he get commissioned to fight?" and "Where is the WBC on this? You can't just pick a dude outta nowhere to fight a champion as a promoter!" lmao

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 10:55 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Creed 3 dont have its own thread?

Just watched it.  Amazing movie and the storyline was pretty damn good.

Is Creed 2 overly necessary to watch before 3, or can I get away with the synopsis? Cause I heard 2 stunk.